That’s my slime | The Boneyard

That’s my slime

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
green slime nickelodeon GIF

Reaction Score
Yeah, those Canadians and their crazy kids show "You Can't do that on Television." Home of the green slime.

Reaction Score
While Auriemma is one of the funniest coaches around and is quick to joke with the media, this was another example of the master motivator at work. He knows that Muhl is a player that thrives off confidence, so him giving her praise and positive reinforcement right before heading into tournament time when a freshman pg may really start to doubt herself was absolutely done intentionally. Of the great motivators in sports history, Wooden, Lombardi, Parcells, Knight. Brooks, Shula, etc, Coach Auriemma is amongst the greatest of all time.

Reaction Score
While Auriemma is one of the funniest coaches around and is quick to joke with the media, this was another example of the master motivator at work. He knows that Muhl is a player that thrives off confidence, so him giving her praise and positive reinforcement right before heading into tournament time when a freshman pg may really start to doubt herself was absolutely done intentionally. Of the great motivators in sports history, Wooden, Lombardi, Parcells, Knight. Brooks, Shula, etc, Coach Auriemma is amongst the greatest of all time.
Great post!
I also think he has sincere affection for Nika. Did you see the little piece on youtube that was posted a few days ago about the recruiting of Nika. I would argue that all coaches, not just the iconic ones, have players like Nika that they enjoy coaching. Usually the gritty, hard-nosed, lunch pail types. The "glue guys".
My blip on the radar screen coaching experience: the player you don't ever have to take out of the game. They're always there doing the dirty work, setting screens, keeping the ball moving, rebounding in the trenches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom