That’s a wrap on the Ollie era | The Boneyard

That’s a wrap on the Ollie era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Started off incredibly well, got better and then it started to go off the rails in the summer of ‘14. Alienated his bosses, the athletic director, his staff, his players and eventually all of the fans, save a myopic handful.

Two years probation and the oaf gets a three-year show cause.

What a waste of an opportunity - he could have been here forever if he had shown any interest in doing the job.

Reaction Score
The report, if nothing else, shows he was not willing and not prepared to run a major college program
Yeah. And a few people thought that from the get go. Others said he was a coach on the floor in the NBA...

Reaction Score
Started off incredibly well, got better and then it started to go off the rails in the summer of ‘14. Alienated his bosses, the athletic director, his staff, his players and eventually all of the fans, save a myopic handful.

Two years probation and the oaf gets a three-year show cause.

What a waste of an opportunity - he could have been here forever if he had shown any interest in doing the job.
KO showed his true colors when he viewed Jim Calhoun as no longer being useful to him.

Reaction Score
However, they did place the UConn program on two year’s probation, and UConn will have to vacate victories in which ineligible players participated. The seasons affected are 2016-17 and 2017-18, so UConn’s most recent conference championship and NCAA appearances will not be vacated.

Can UConn just vacate those two seasons entirely and we can pretend they never happened? :)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah. And a few people thought that from the get go. Others said he was a coach on the floor in the NBA...

I’m surprised he’s not back in the NBA. You would think some of those supporters would still be there to give him a shot.

Reaction Score
However, they did place the UConn program on two year’s probation, and UConn will have to vacate victories in which ineligible players participated. The seasons affected are 2016-17 and 2017-18, so UConn’s most recent conference championship and NCAA appearances will not be vacated.

Can UConn just vacate those two seasons entirely and we can pretend they never happened? :)

They did. The entire seasons are being vacated according to sports writers.

Reaction Score
Actually it was Bazz who was the coach on the floor.

Simply not true … and I think you know that. KO guided a team through a rough year and they got better. Really fit well in a 8 man rotation. No 4 year player did that.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
They will try...

So when everyone is a part on the conspiracy, does that mean that is no conspiracy?

Seriously, having these guys send off a broadside at the NCAA only helps us from a PR standpoint.

Reaction Score
Simply not true … and I think you know that. KO guided a team through a rough year and they got better. Really fit well in a 8 man rotation. No 5 year player did that.
Who was the 5 year player?

Reaction Score
Does a 30 for 30 get done on UConn in the 2000s if we win in the next few years.
The 30 for 30 will be on Kevin Ollie as he has a great story. But, I think they wait until there is another chapter. Recruit out of LA, PG at UConn, journeyman NBA player who had to grind to survive in the NBA, assistant coach at top basketball school, head coach of top basketball school, winning a National Championship, then it all fell apart.

I hope the next chapter in Ollie's life is positive and we will be able to embrace him again as a great Husky down the road.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score

What ineligible player was it?

Reaction Score
Does a 30 for 30 get done on UConn in the 2000s if we win in the next few years.

The Calhoun story is one of the BEST risings of a Program in my lifetime - and I don't think I am biased in that.

No 30 for 30 done. So … I do not want a sliced off one on Ollie. You can tell Jimmy V but not the Jimmy Calhoun … sheesh.

Reaction Score

Amazing. Ollie lost even more games than we thought we he was here.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We actually had people on here blaming Stephanie Ollie.
Did their alimony agreement ever leak? She would have been smart to take a lump sum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom