Thanks! | The Boneyard

Thanks!

Reaction Score
We flew out from Indianapolis to the game last Saturday. Can't thank you guys enough for being such amazing hosts. We found ourselves tailgating with a group of Huskies and just enjoyed the day. I can't remember the last time that happened at an opposing stadium. Hopefully we can return the favor when you visit Purdue. Good luck with the rest of your season. BoilerUp!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Please provide some background on the Boilermaker Special if possible. Did that thing driver here all the way from Indiana? It’s always a pleasure hosting good natured visitors. Hasn’t happened much since the death of Big East football.

Reaction Score
The Boilermakers Special was introduced in 1940 and is considered the official mascot. It goes to every single away football game, no matter how far and it can drive up to 75 MPH on the highway. For Saturday's game, they drove it but if it is a longer trip they have put it on a flatbed trailer.
We have had some horrible years where there were more opposing fans than us. Hang in there, it will get better with a new coach!

Reaction Score
As a CT resident and a Purdue parent I can say that UConn and Purdue share many similarities.
Both Top 25 Public Land Grant Universities
Both basketball crazy schools
Both passionate fan bases

UConn has all the building blocks for a competitive football team. The biggest difference between the 2 football programs is support from administration. UConn supporters should demand accountability from state and administration- That is the key to moving forward

Reaction Score
Purdue has a long history of football greats and there's a reason why its called the cradle of quarterbacks from Bob Griese to Drew Brees. I just wish your stadium was closer to campus. It would definitely help with student attendance.

Reaction Score
We had a great time with every Purdue fan we ran into. Of course it may be easier to be gracious when your team can name the score!

Serously though it is one of the things I enjoy most about the college atmosphere.

Good luck to Purdue rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Purdue has a long history of football greats and there's a reason why its called the cradle of quarterbacks from Bob Griese to Drew Brees. I just wish your stadium was closer to campus. It would definitely help with student attendance.
The stadium, its size, location etc. Is another story. Lol. Good luck on the rest of the season!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom