Thanks for UConn WCBB | The Boneyard

Thanks for UConn WCBB

Reaction Score
In a season of taking stock of what matters to some of us, I appreciate the UConn WBB team. Though, as with many others of you, I have no direct connection to the university, the state, or any of the people who make up the bb program, I feel drawn each fall to the life of this unique group of people. I also enjoy thoroughly the folks who comprise the BY. My spirits are lifted by this annual rite.

What, exactly, is this attraction about? First of all, in a world that is troublesome and sometimes impossibly sad, this team of young women exemplifies something good: those permanent values of aspiration, hard work, selflessness, cooperation, sportsmanship, success, and the acceptance of failure as an inescapable fact of life. These define the best in us. I am proud, we are proud, to associate ourselves with a group of people of character and grace who entertain us and teach us the right way to be.

Sounds mushy in a cynical world, but I am unapologetic. And reminded of a sentiment that never fails to move me: that it isn't for what UConn's bb program is itself that I love it, but for what I am during the few months when is helps fill and enrich my life.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
You wrote beautifully what I had felt, is great about UConn WBB. I remember a long time ago, driving on I84 and listening to the Tennessee-UConn game in the FF 0r was it the Championship game. We just visited our boys at UConn and were returning home. People were honking their automobile horns and flashing their lights. It must have been the very first NC for UConn!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson
Top Bottom