Thanks for the memories Gabby and Kia! Tough Game | The Boneyard

Thanks for the memories Gabby and Kia! Tough Game

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
First and foremost congrats to Notre Dame.

This game started with a careless turnover from Dangerfield and what I can only contribute to as nerves from a usually reliable Gaurd in Kia Nurse, Her last two Uconn games definitely were not her best.

However, after the terrible start and the introduction of Azura Stevens into the lineup, It started to look like the Uconn team we expected to dominate this matchup. Azura also was a huge problem for Notre Dame in the regular season game, so I just could not understand why it took Coach so long to put her in the game especially since we were struggling a bit. Anyways he finally did and kept her in for the remainder of the first half and we went on that incredible run.

Now on to the second half with an established lead; Again I expected Geno to give Azura the nod due to her success in the first half, so we could build on that lead, but he waited until Notre Dame gained momentum and the lead evaporated, to then reinsert her into the lineup. Those two pivotal decisions I believe cost us this game as Notre Dame found some energy and renewed confidence and kept it close the remainder of the game. Which lead to the final outcome.

With all that said, I still am proud of the Huskies for showing their moxie, when they could have easily hung their heads in the late seconds of regulation and in overtime. Those comebacks were special to watch, I just wish the team played with the same urgency and energy throughout the entire game and were able to pull it off, but that was not to be this year either, sigh.

Thank you Gabby and Kia for all the wonderful memories, you will both be missed next year, to those returning I only hope you return stronger, confident and a little hungrier to complete the task at hand. It's time to finally end this recent final four jinx and return UCONN to it's rightful place as National Champions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom