Thank you XL Center | The Boneyard

Thank you XL Center

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I said in another thread that the flash ticket sale was scary because we won't be close to filling the place, and that those who attend will hopefully make up for the empty seats. Thankfully they did.

I was happy to attend and thought the crowd, while not near capacity, was very engaged and loud considering it was a 6:30 game midweek.

It certainly helps when the team starts fast and puts up 45+ in the first half.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I thought crowd did a really good job starting with supporting the officer when she fumbled the anthem 2 times. Good karma there.

Every time we really wanted to get into it in defense they scored or got fouled. So it could have been even better. Overall good effort.

Reaction Score
I was at the game against Creighton and the one today. We had way more people attend this time and the crowd was standing up and cheering way more compared to the last game. Then again Creighton were winning pretty much all game compared to our performance today.

Fun game to attend!

CV1

Reaction Score
I have been critical of the XL crowd this year but they were great tonight. I was there and it seemed like there was an edge to the crowd from the beginning. The XL crowd also deserves big time props for coming to the aid of the woman who sang the national anthem. She stumbled a bit in the middle and had to start over and the crowd sang the whole national anthem with her and at her pace. Really great moment.

Reaction Score
Give people a,reason to show up and they'll show up. Give people a reason to cheer and they'll cheer.
having a winning record should be reason enough and theyve had that all season

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We keep talking about this good crowd for a "Tuesday" thing... but then I put on the Arkansas Auburn game afterwards and that place was filled to the brim, not an empty seat in sight... on a Tuesday night.

I understand Arkansas were playing the #1 team in the country.... but we're UConn. We're ranked, playing another ranked team in a huge Big East game. You're telling me we can't fill every seat in that arena?

Does Duke have good "Tuesday" crowds with visible clusters of empty seats at the bottom?

It really sucks that people have tickets like 3 rows back from the court, and hold on to them and don't go.

But also- this wouldn't happen at UConn in the OBE days right? Lots of empty seats for a Big East ranked matchup on a Tuesday night? Is covid still just keeping people away, whereas in Arkansas, no one really gives a **?

Reaction Score
We keep talking about this good crowd for a "Tuesday" thing... but then I put on the Arkansas Auburn game afterwards and that place was filled to the brim, not an empty seat in sight... on a Tuesday night.

I understand Arkansas were playing the #1 team in the country.... but we're UConn. We're ranked, playing another ranked team in a huge Big East game. You're telling me we can't fill every seat in that arena?

Does Duke have good "Tuesday" crowds with visible clusters of empty seats at the bottom?

It really sucks that people have tickets like 3 rows back from the court, and hold on to them and don't go.

But also- this wouldn't happen at UConn in the OBE days right? Lots of empty seats for a Big East ranked matchup on a Tuesday night? Is covid still just keeping people away, whereas in Arkansas, no one really gives a **?
You're new to UConn basketball I take it. You do realize that during the Calhoun era, especially after the 2004 championship, that attendence started to slide in both buildings.

Reaction Score
Great turnout for a Tuesday…good amount of students as well. What makes me more mad that the empty seats is people leaving with less than a minute in a close game.

The game within the game

Reaction Score
Section 102 STAND UP... entire building is on their feet and that entire section refused. (myb its not "cool" to cheer) .... and im pretty sure at least a couple people in that section could've been in a coma

Reaction Score

As yo your last point, yes, I truly believe Covid is keeping people away in this state still versus elsewhere. I know multiple people with season tickets that are not yet venturing out to games due to omicron. Now that numbers are below 10% positivity I'm sure they'll get back into stadiums, but I get it. The bigger issue is not trying to find others to take said tickets, but that's a different story.

Reaction Score

You know I’m on your side generally in this debate, but this crowd was perfectly adequate for a 6:30 tip on a Tuesday vs Marquette.

There are only a handful of other programs that’ll pull 12k for that draw/tip time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom