Thank You Meghan, Eric, and Justine | The Boneyard

Thank You Meghan, Eric, and Justine

Reaction Score
My greatest joy is watching the UCONN Woman's Basketball Team do their impression of the army of Genghis Khan charging across the Steppes of Asia, destroying everything in its path. However, that is a visual experience for the eyes. To be complete we need the sounds that relay the essence of what we are seeing to fully appreciate the experience. Meghan Culmo, Eric Frede, and Justine Ward do that with excellence. They are like UCONN players without uniforms. Meghan constantly comes up with the appropriate comment to complement what we are watching. Eric is always on topic with his easy going manner. They are like Geno and CD – they reciprocate each other with their individual skills. And, Justin is a joy to watch interviewing Geno with her excellent articulation.

However, the regular season is over and they are now gone. How I wish they could continue to be part of UCONN's post season play. I hope they will be back next year, for what possibly could be the greatest team UCONN has every assembled.

They are true sports reporting professionals, excellent in their presentation, a pleasure to see and hear, and the VOICE of our team.

Reaction Score
I agree. They do a fine job covering the team in great detail. If only we could get rid of the insipid ESPN halftime shows.

Reaction Score
They are a joy to listen to, and unlike ESPN, actually cover the game for the entire 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
I agree. They do a fine job covering the team in great detail. If only we could get rid of the insipid ESPN halftime shows.

...and jump right in SNY's halftime shows of 15 minutes worth of informercials.

Reaction Score
I think the word you were looking for is complement, not reciprocate. I'm reminded of a Turkish friend of mine, a non-native English speaker who speaks impeccable English. The only mistake I've ever heard her make was when she received an unexpected gift and she said, "I must retaliate!", when she meant "I must reciprocate!".

The announcers complement one another.

And I agree. Eric and Meghan are wittier than Justine, but she's new to the gig. I think Meghan is hilarious - very dry without being snarky. Eric is only a step behind her in the humor department. But I do miss the mellifluous, dulcet tones of Bob Picozzi.

Reaction Score
I think one thing that enables them to do such a good job is the familiarity of covering the team on a consistent basis. It allows them to quickly make comparisons to other games or bring up stats or records in real time. Wish they could at least get the first couple rounds of the Aac tourney. But at least Justine will continue to cover the team in the post season.

Reaction Score
My greatest joy is watching the UCONN Woman's Basketball Team do their impression of the army of Genghis Khan charging across the Steppes of Asia, destroying everything in its path. However, that is a visual experience for the eyes. To be complete we need the sounds that relay the essence of what we are seeing to fully appreciate the experience. Meghan Culmo, Eric Frede, and Justine Ward do that with excellence. They are like UCONN players without uniforms. Meghan constantly comes up with the appropriate comment to complement what we are watching. Eric is always on topic with his easy going manner. They are like Geno and CD – they reciprocate each other with their individual skills. And, Justin is a joy to watch interviewing Geno with her excellent articulation.

However, the regular season is over and they are now gone. How I wish they could continue to be part of UCONN's post season play. I hope they will be back next year, for what possibly could be the greatest team UCONN has every assembled.

They are true sports reporting professionals, excellent in their presentation, a pleasure to see and hear, and the VOICE of our team.

I can't agree more. Something was missing last night, something was just not quite right. They hit hit my like a ton of bricks. No Justine!!' Getting Justine's insightful commentary and chemistry with Geno was sorely missed. The first half ends and they just cut to commercial. I'm like wait, what.. argh no Justine.

Reaction Score
I think the word you were looking for is complement, not reciprocate. I'm reminded of a Turkish friend of mine, a non-native English speaker who speaks impeccable English. The only mistake I've ever heard her make was when she received an unexpected gift and she said, "I must retaliate!", when she meant "I must reciprocate!".

The announcers complement one another.

And I agree. Eric and Meghan are wittier than Justine, but she's new to the gig. I think Meghan is hilarious - very dry without being snarky. Eric is only a step behind her in the humor department. But I do miss the mellifluous, dulcet tones of Bob Picozzi.

I think Justine is pretty witty if u ask me!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What happened to the man who was paired with Kara Wolters before, during, and after games on SNY? Ms. Wu has been there in his place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What happened to the man who was paired with Kara Wolters before, during, and after games on SNY? Ms. Wu has been there in his place.
I'd guess he is doing Mets related stuff or on vacation.

Reaction Score

Agree completely and I have also been thinking that recently.
However, I thought that ESPN bunch last night were just plain terrible. Did nothing but babble the whole game and often didn't even bother to mention the name of the player(s) scoring or making a play, especially on the USF side.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
SNY has been a big hit. They spoil us fans rotten with the pre and post game coverage, the Geno show, Geno's legacy, game replays. The huskies have been good to SNY too, with ratings jumping every season. It is a happy marriage. May it continue and prosper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom