THANK YOU JIM CALHOUN! | The Boneyard

THANK YOU JIM CALHOUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
"Coach always believed in me from day one," Ollie said. "And I thank him to death for it. And that's what I told him in his ear. 'Thank you for believing in me.' "

You think it wasn't a glorious day of vindication for Calhoun and his judgment? He was aglow with pride and that touch of Calhoun arrogance that either charms or alienates his critics.

"It says more about him, his character and how good he is," Calhoun said of Ollie. "It's nothing about Jim Calhoun. Trust me. I feel great for him. I never had a doubt. I just felt he was the right time and the right man. He's proved me and a hell of a lot of people right."

Last edited:

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I felt the need to go back and bold the last part of that Calhoun quote because it's so important that people like Jeff Jacobs understand this.

I truly believe Jim Calhoun only has the best intentions of this program and university in his heart. Does he love what he's accomplished? Does he loves his rings? Is it likely he's wanted to give a big "" to all his detractors over the years? Sure.

But this isn't about him. This is about the family he built and them all showing up throughout this tournament is his greatest testament.

As a fanbase and an institution and a state, we are so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom