Thank you, Holly! | The Boneyard

Thank you, Holly!

Reaction Score
Last night Kara Lawson told a quick story about A'ja: during USA training camp, Teniya Page gruesomely injured her ankle. All of the players in the gym instinctively went away from the site/sight of the injury. But A'ja went toward Page.

Unrelated but related: during Geno's post-game interview, the team dumped a bucket of confetti water on him. As collateral damage, Holly didn't flinch. She stayed in the moment...right next to Geno with her signature smile.

No judgment of the sideline reporter interviewing MM after ND's win, but for the sake of contrast: when MM got dumped with confetti water, the reporter was out of there faster than a chicken on a junebug. As Andy Landers might say.

Holly is simply amazing. She's got presence. Not just professional but personal. We all need a little Holly Rowe in our lives. And I hope Holly Rowe has a person like Holly Rowe in hers.

Thank you for another great season, Holly! One more weekend to go.

Reaction Score
Last night Kara Lawson told a quick story about A'ja: during USA training camp, Teniya Page gruesomely injured her ankle. All of the players in the gym instinctively went away from the site/sight of the injury. But A'ja went toward Page.

Unrelated but related: during Geno's post-game interview, the team dumped a bucket of confetti water on him. As collateral damage, Holly didn't flinch. She stayed in the moment...right next to Geno with her signature smile.

No judgment of the sideline reporter interviewing MM after ND's win, but for the sake of contrast: when MM got dumped with confetti water, the reporter was out of there faster than a chicken on a junebug. As Andy Landers might say.

Holly is simply amazing. She's got presence. Not just professional but personal. We all need a little Holly Rowe in our lives. And I hope Holly Rowe has a person like Holly Rowe in hers.

Thank you for another great season, Holly! One more weekend to go.
Like painting and music, opinions often vary widely. I find that as time goes on, Holly's interviews with Geno and other coaches are pretty dull. i.e. "Geno, why do you think you can win tonight?" Used to be one of the great ones but become Ms. Obvious. Just one person's opinion.

Reaction Score
Come on. OP. I thought Holly Warlick just signed a 10 year extension. :rolleyes:

Well look out when I ask the Boneyard its thoughts on all electronic tolling in a thread titled "EZ to Connecticut."

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Come on. OP. I thought Holly Warlick just signed a 10 year extension. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Holly! I thought Warlick was being thanked for her many years of service to Tennessee and being told bye-bye.

Reaction Score
Like painting and music, opinions often vary widely. I find that as time goes on, Holly's interviews with Geno and other coaches are pretty dull. i.e. "Geno, why do you think you can win tonight?" Used to be one of the great ones but become Ms. Obvious. Just one person's opinion.
One of Holly's best on-court interviews was with Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, immediately after UConn won it's 10th national championship in 2015. It's short, but worth checking out if you're a Holly fan as I am.

I was touched by Kara's story about A'ja's reaction to Teniya's injury. Kara came very close to breaking up as she recited the story, but she did manage to hold it together.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think I recalled that someone at the BY was pretty pissed off that Holly was giving Dawn suggestions at halftime how SC should be moving against the UConn defense? Didn't help I guess.

Reaction Score
Two bits, not directly related to Holly's reporting acumen.

1. I watch A LOT of sports and so see Holly on the sidelines often. I am consistently struck by how much the coaches and athletes connect with her. She has a personality, and innate goodness, that engenders trust and regard from those she covers. It is striking, especially in contrast to others who do what she does. You see it with the grizzled coaches and the wary players; they genuinely like Holly. I never really got the Craig Sager thing, but he also seemed to have a rare connection with those he covered.

2. I DM'd Adam Amin asking about Holly, her absence during the early rounds, surmising that her health had taken a turn for the worse. He DMd back (w/ cute pic) in seconds from where he and Holly were dining together, to let me know that she is doing well and would be with him for their coverage in Albany.

The beat goes on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom