Thank you HCJM for bringing me back. | The Boneyard

Thank you HCJM for bringing me back.

Reaction Score
After being a season ticket holder for the first 13 years of the rent, life and bad teams just caused me to fade away. I followed from a distance but really was just basically heartbroken at what had happened.

I was a die-hard that went to all the games stayed until the end, went to away games, went to bowl games and just lived my life for UConn football.

The kind of fan whose weekend was ruined if UConn lost.

The great memories included being at the Notre Dame game with the UConn victory in double overtime, being at the Papa John bowl and laughing at all the South Carolina fans who sat in their cars with the heaters running while I had my jacket open and no gloves on.

In Toronto when Donald Brown had his great game and we beat up on Buffalo the highlight was the party afterwards upstairs in the hotel with a couple of rooms rented and to watch Pudge walk in with a girl on each arm. Classic moment.

Even the bowl game where we lost to Wake Forest was fun cuz I met some great people.

The first night game at the rent, I believe against Pitt on TV, was just amazing, the crowd I'll never forget that.

The three straight rain games was just nuts one of them being a monsoon I remember the crowd just going crazy.

Destroying Virginia at home was just phenomenal.

The Michigan game, oh man, so close.

So many more memories that I'm hopeful that Jim Mora can bring about some exciting times in the near future.

Hey coach I even went out and bought a couple of football jerseys so you're welcome.

I know there's some growing pains coming but I think CCSU is going to feel some pain tomorrow.

I hope that brings out the crowd for Saturday night next week against Syracuse. Hopefully we give them a game or maybe even pull an upset, you never know. I'm bringing two maybe three guys to the Syracuse game so I'm doing my part.

Luckily I know where to find my favorite tailgate so I'm looking forward to the game and seeing some of you there tomorrow.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
After being a season ticket holder for the first 13 years of the rent, life and bad teams just caused me to fade away. I followed from a distance but really was just basically heartbroken at what had happened.

I was a die-hard that went to all the games stayed until the end, went to away games, went to bowl games and just lived my life for UConn football.

The kind of fan whose weekend was ruined if UConn lost.

The great memories included being at the Notre Dame game with the UConn victory in double overtime, being at the Papa John bowl and laughing at all the South Carolina fans who sat in their cars with the heaters running while I had my jacket open and no gloves on.

In Toronto when Donald Brown had his great game and we beat up on Buffalo the highlight was the party afterwards upstairs in the hotel with a couple of rooms rented and to watch Pudge walk in with a girl on each arm. Classic moment.

Even the bowl game where we lost to Wake Forest was fun cuz I met some great people.

The first night game at the rent, I believe against Pitt on TV, was just amazing, the crowd I'll never forget that.

The three straight rain games was just nuts one of them being a monsoon I remember the crowd just going crazy.

Destroying Virginia at home was just phenomenal.

The Michigan game, oh man, so close.

So many more memories that I'm hopeful that Jim Mora can bring about some exciting times in the near future.

Hey coach I even went out and bought a couple of football jerseys so you're welcome.

I know there's some growing pains coming but I think CCSU is going to feel some pain tomorrow.

I hope that brings out the crowd for Saturday night next week against Syracuse. Hopefully we give them a game or maybe even pull an upset, you never know. I'm bringing two maybe three guys to the Syracuse game so I'm doing my part.

Luckily I know where to find my favorite tailgate so I'm looking forward to the game and seeing some of you there tomorrow.

Go Huskies!
So many great moments the first ten years. I flew out of Toronto right after the Bowl Game, but now I'm wondering if the two women Pudge came to the after party with was the woman and her friend from dinner the night before, where I failed miserably at being Pudge's wing man. I wish I could ask him. I wonder if Waquiot knows.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So many great moments the first ten years. I flew out of Toronto right after the Bowl Game, but now I'm wondering if the two women Pudge came to the after party with was the woman and her friend from dinner the night before, where I failed miserably at being Pudge's wing man. I wish I could ask him. I wonder if Waquiot knows.
My partner tried to tell Tim that he wasn't going to carve one of them away that night, they were a team. She says you're off the hook, BL.

Reaction Score
Funny the things we remember about UConn football. I remember the Motor City bowl in Detroit, where they ran out of beer during the game. Never missed a home game or bowl game until 2008 when I moved to Arizona. Will do my best to watch tomorrow's game on Fox 61 plus.

Reaction Score
My partner tried to tell Tim that he wasn't going to carve one of them away that night, they were a team. She says you're off the hook, BL.

Whew. That’s a relief. Even if I wasn’t happily married, and even if I had skill as a wing man, Pudge’s target’s friend was so far out of my league I’m not sure how I was going to help him anyway. But I wonder if he went back to the same blonde Ukranian woman, and still couldn’t separate her from her friend, a second time.

I guess I’ll never know.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whew. That’s a relief. Even if I wasn’t happily married, and even if I had skill as a wing man, Pudge’s target’s friend was so far out of my league I’m not sure how I was going to help him anyway. But I wonder if he went back to the same blonde Ukranian woman, and still couldn’t separate her from her friend, a second time.

I guess I’ll never know.
Nope, but you have great memories and a great story. Maybe that’s enough?

Reaction Score
Good thread post from the OP, glad to hear people are coming back.
My group of four will be in house as have been since day one of D1. Still early and hard to find folks willing to attend even with free ticket offers.
Not trying to change direction of the thread but really disappointed in the Hartford Courant. Day before a football game not a single iota of story or comment on football. Lead article was about Paige whom I love and respect but their season does not start for over a month and her rehab has been dialogue for months.

Hope the football team continues to do enough to wake up the reporters to inform those that jumped ship, its time to come back.
That and to create interesting hotel bowl game experiences. ;)

Reaction Score
The OP describes many of us. A loss would just ruin your weekend. But close, competitive games were norm and that was fun.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rick And Morty GIF by Adult Swim

Reaction Score
There was some awesome games back then. The USF game in 09 was a memorable favorite. Miserable weather, snow, sleet and win. Loudest crowd of 10,000 rabid (drunk) fans you ever heard. Won it on a last second FG by Teggart. Opening day against Indiana was special. Loved the West Virgina games. Pitt. Many just don’t know how exciting it was once upon a time. I hope the magic returns.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
There are so many games we could point to. I remember that Pitt game where we made Palko false start 3 straight plays into his own end zone basically because the student section was so loud. I was two years removed from graduating so I snuck down into the student section. It was as rowdy as a basketball game. I remember DJ throwing the ball out of the stadium. I was sitting behind that section of the end zone that he threw it over. That USF game someone mentioned I remember playing beer pong in the parking lot and needed to clear off the slush every game. The wife, gf at time, had chance to sit in club seats with a friend so it was just my buddy and I in the frigid snowy rain. I remember the West Virginia game where we stopped them on 3rd and one I believe and won that game. Someone gave us chair backs on the 50 and we got to watch that play from there. Just some awesome memories.

I really hope Mora brings those back for the next generation of UConn fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When we played Baylor, the Baylor beat writer declared our student section the equal of a Big 12 student section.

Reaction Score
Remember when someone said it was a good idea for our games to be broadcast on Nickelodeon?

Reaction Score
Remember when someone said it was a good idea for our games to be broadcast on Nickelodeon?
Not a bad idea actually. The NFL took that and ran with it. Have broadcast multiple games and have plans for more on Nickelodeon.

Reaction Score
When we played Baylor, the Baylor beat writer declared our student section the equal of a Big 12 student section.

Per Robert Griffin III (Heisman winner for you kiddos):

"When we played at UConn my freshman year, that was the loudest place I've ever been as a football player," Griffin continued. "The stands are right next to the field, it was packed, and everyone was yelling. That was probably the coolest place for me to play at aside from Texas, Texas A&M and Nebraska."

Reaction Score
So Zack. How were you feeling at halftime today?
It wasn't good. But in the end we got the W convincingly.

Impressed that the students showed up in force.

Here's hoping that Syracuse has a lousy run defense otherwise we could be in for a world of hurt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom