Thank You from The UConn Daily | The Boneyard

Thank You from The UConn Daily

Reaction Score
Hi all. Just wanted to say thank you to all the fans who have subscribed and engaged with the UConn Daily this year. We are winding down to a close this year and trying to figure out next steps.

What we do know is the response and engagement that we have experienced has us convinced that there is something here and right now we are going to do this through the spring and next year. We haven't sold any advertising or put any marketing effort forward, so that's something we are going to start planning out now.

If anyone has any input on how we can get better, what you liked, didn't like, and any suggestions on what's missing please let us know. Some of our articles and styles worked, some didn't. We liked what we have done, and know that we have a ways to go to get a better product out there. We think we have the editorial and tone down. Now is the hard part, growing, advertising and marketing!

So, I need some help!

Looking for input and ideas. While this is Zac and I's newsletter to produce, I really like to think of it as a service to the fans and for you guys. We are always going to think like fans first and what you want to read and need to know, not what we want to write.

And, don't forget to share! And, hopefully, we get a bowl game and men's NCAA tourney to write about next year.

Critiques are always welcome and you can write them here, or my email is always open at john@uconndaily.com.

Thanks for your support.

John Silver

Reaction Score
Really would love a UConn professional round up during the newsletter of the previous nights action.

For Example:

NBA:
Rudy Gay 24 Points, 14 Rebounds, 3 Steals in a 120-114 Win vs. The Knicks
Shabazz Napier 6 Points, 2 assists, 2 Rebounds in a 108-96 Loss vs. The Warriors

NFL:
Byron Jones, 3 Tackles, 1 PBU in 30-14 win Vs. Jets

MLB:
George Springer 1-3, 2 RBIs

Reaction Score
Really would love a UConn professional round up during the newsletter of the previous nights action.

For Example:

NBA:
Rudy Gay 24 Points, 14 Rebounds, 3 Steals in a 120-114 Win vs. The Knicks
Shabazz Napier 6 Points, 2 assists, 2 Rebounds in a 108-96 Loss vs. The Warriors

NFL:
Byron Jones, 3 Tackles, 1 PBU in 30-14 win Vs. Jets

MLB:
George Springer 1-3, 2 RBIs

I think that is something we can do. Should have put Springer in there today.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Just want to say than you. I look forward to your email everyday. On days I’m up before six I’m literally tapping my fingers and toes waiting for it to come over. Also, I think it has made me more aware of the other sports I follow less (hockey). Great job! I’m appreciative of all your work!

Reaction Score
I've been enjoying the emails thank you. Like the content, especially that you include other sports than M and W Basketball and football. Keep up the good work!

Reaction Score
Perfect length. Great ability to punch home a point and make solid takes in a short communication.

Maybe a fun quote or fun fact or oddity to end it up? “Ray Allen once made 45 free throws in a row at practice”. I made that up but something quick, weird and interesting?

Reaction Score
I really appreciate getting the Daily and look forward to next year, too.
I wish you both much success!

Reaction Score
I rarely post but have to come on here and say thank you. As a transplant CT native living in FL UConn Daily makes me feel at home again

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’ve enjoyed it and appreciate it. Lots of good suggestions here too so far. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I’m a big fan of the Daily as well especially given I’m not local. I’m also admittedly not really a big football fan either but believe a lot of that has to with the current coverage. I’m looking forward to seeing how you can augment the conversation.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Perfect length. Great ability to punch home a point and make solid takes in a short communication.

Maybe a fun quote or fun fact or oddity to end it up? “Ray Allen once made 45 free throws in a row at practice”. I made that up but something quick, weird and interesting?

Building on that, maybe a trip down memory lane (particularly when the team is just so-so) and highlighting notable games/performances that we've most likely forgotten about?

Reaction Score
How about some where-are-they-now pieces about former Huskies? Not just the big names, but the countless role players that endeared themselves to UConn fans over the years.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You should consider a monthly Q/A chat here on the boneyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom