Thank You Arkeel Newsome | The Boneyard

Thank You Arkeel Newsome

Reaction Score
Hometown kid who chose to play at UConn. Probably the most explosive player we've had these past 4 years, and a threat to score when used correctly. Wondering what could have been if we had an O coordinator like Lashlee his first 3 seasons.

Reaction Score
Wish he had gotten his regular amount of gametime today. Don’t know what happened there. Anyway, he did a lot for us in his time here considering the teams & coaches he had to endure.

Reaction Score
He did great despite the supporting cast and sometimes being misused. A versatile and more importantly high class leader. Gonna be missed but good look in your future endeavors. Enjoyed watching you beat my hometown team in the State Playoffs (not so much).

Reaction Score
Perhaps he re-aggravated the sternum injury yesterday, but I think as the season went on (the losses started to mount and bowl eligibility faded) the staff decided to start preparing Mensah (and Hopkins) for next season. The injuries to both Newsome and Hopkins certainly made the transition a bit easier. Arkeel was more valuable to UConn's offense over the last four years then most will ever give him credit for. But he ends his career as one of the most productive players in school history and was 66 receiving yards shy of becoming the first FBS player to account for at least 1,500 rushing yards, 1,500 receiving yards, and 1,500 return yards in a career since 2005. He's also had the most plays of 50+ yards in school history. He's been pretty special considering the coaching, offensive line play, and some of the adversity he and the seniors have had to endure. I wish he had another year. For those, like me, who care to look a bit deeper into the numbers, he was at his best against some of the AAC's best teams during his career.

Arkeel Newsome Career Splits | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Thanks Kellz, it's been fun to see you grow as a player and a person. I'm not sure if the NFL is in your future, but I do know that if the opportunity arises you'll be prepared.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hometown kid who chose to play at UConn. Probably the most explosive player we've had these past 4 years, and a threat to score when used correctly. Wondering what could have been if we had an O coordinator like Lashlee his first 3 seasons.
If you did not start this Thread I would have. Couldn't be prouder of a kid who hung in there despite everything that he was handed. And, he was handed a ton of crap. A character kid.

Good luck Arkeel.

Reaction Score
I was on this kids bandwagon from year one despite the fumble issues. He was at times our only playmaker.

Reaction Score
Also, wonder what he could have done if he had, had a more effective offensive line.

Reaction Score
offensive Russian.

yakov.jpg

Reaction Score
Thanks to all the seniors. AN gave us everything he had, good stuff.

Reaction Score
Loved to watch him when he got the ball with a bit of space to work with. Like that guy for UCF who ran the kickoff back for the winning TD last Friday. Don't know how those guys do it.

Reaction Score
Arkeel is another UConn guy the Pats would use optimally. Not sure if he has the speed for the NFL or not, but I think he could do some damage in the passing game if he proves quick enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom