Thank u SNY | The Boneyard

Thank u SNY

Reaction Score
Big shout out to an amazing crew. We have already touched on this but how solid are Culmo and Frede? They really have amazing chemistry, they have some good inside info yet they are not homers in an obnoxious way. Compare them to the ESPN games. They are unlistenable.

Another big shout out to our adopted girl Justine Ward. She really has stepped up her game, and evolved into a nice chemistry with Geno. I really think she's heads and tails better than Holly Rowe, but maybe I'm biased.

What a nice remark by Geno giving some props to Justine and the crew.

As another solid poster said in the game chat. See u in 9 months SNY.

Reaction Score
The good news for you is that I don't think we've seen the last of Justine this season. Plus Kara just said that there will be an NCAA show in about a month from now. Kind of crazy that the NCAAs won't happen for a month when the regular season ends in two days.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the AAC tournament.

SNY does a great job, I just get upset when ESPN 3 goes to their stuff during time outs/dead time instead of sticking with SNY's production. I wish I had SNY down here in NC.

Reaction Score

SNY does a great job, I just get upset when ESPN 3 goes to their stuff during time outs/dead time instead of sticking with SNY's production. I wish I had SNY down here in NC.
ESPN generally sucks. They've really gotten away from what they were originally great. They have their agenda to push the ACC during the basketball season, and SEC during football season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

If you are wealthy down here in NC, DirecTV is an option. You have to pay extra for the sports pack, though. BTW, I am not endorsing these highway robbers, just offering an option. Until this summer, my only tv options were DirecTV or Dish. I have had both and DirecTV was the lesser of two evils.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You have to be wealthy in NC to afford DirecTV?

Here in Las Vegas it is cheaper to get Direct TV and Dish then COX Cable. I pay more the $270 a month for cable and internet and I don't even have any of the movie channels or the top high speed internet.

Reaction Score
Here in Las Vegas it is cheaper to get Direct TV and Dish then COX Cable. I pay more the $270 a month for cable and internet and I don't even have any of the movie channels or the top high speed internet.
Video has really become the most expensive utility, hasn't it? Whether you access it via cable or internet, the cost has skyrocketed in recent years!

Centerstream

Reaction Score
You have to be wealthy in NC to afford DirecTV?
I have had DirecTV since it first became available and the costs just keep going up and up. But then, I am that way with tech, one of the first to get HD big screens, HD, blu ray,4k dvd players, I have had a big screen (78inch) 4k tv since they first were available, so...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have had DirecTV since it first became available and the costs just keep going up and up. But then, I am that way with tech, one of the first to get HD big screens, HD, blu ray,4k dvd players, I have had a big screen (78inch) 4k tv since they first were available, so...
Man after my own heart. I too am a serious early adopter.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
I've had DirectTV since I moved to Florida in '98, twenty years now. It was a blessing when SNY picked up the UConn women's package and DirecTV offered their Sports package including SNY to me for only $6 a month more than I was paying. 15-18 games a year for $72 bucks? Such a deal.

The trick is to call them once a year and see what they're offering for incentives to keep your business. They've always come up with something including special for NFL Sunday Ticket this past season which wound up costing less than $100 for the season (normally more than $300). The year before they offered their top channel lineup for $20 a month less than I was paying.

It's a five minute call, what the heck, give it a try.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I've had DirectTV since I moved to Florida in '98, twenty years now. It was a blessing when SNY picked up the UConn women's package and DirecTV offered their Sports package including SNY to me for only $6 a month more than I was paying. 15-18 games a year for $72 bucks? Such a deal.

The trick is to call them once a year and see what they're offering for incentives to keep your business. They've always come up with something including special for NFL Sunday Ticket this past season which wound up costing less than $100 for the season (normally more than $300). The year before they offered their top channel lineup for $20 a month less than I was paying.

It's a five minute call, what the heck, give it a try.
My last OT post on DirecTV...I recently upgraded to 4K and of course it required an equipment upgrade and a new 2 year commitment. All this for 3 or 4 additional channels that basically aren't very good programs. But what made me do it was that they did broadcast a SNY UConn WBB game. Well, the installation was completed and I could watch the 1 4K channel of free programs. Yea. The next day I turned on my equipment, turned to the 4K channel and from that moment on I have the message "Your tv doesn't support 4K content. You are watching it in 1080p, the highest resolution available. ". So I will be calling them, but to have them remove the equipment that was installed so that I couldn't get 4K!!!
End of the DirecTV rant.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Big shout out to an amazing crew. We have already touched on this but how solid are Culmo and Frede? They really have amazing chemistry, they have some good inside info yet they are not homers in an obnoxious way. Compare them to the ESPN games. They are unlistenable.

I’ve noticed lately just how good Eric and Meg are. They actually let you know what’s going on in the game. They offer meaningful insight rather than inane prattle. We really get spoiled.

Eric is pretty good on the SEC broadcasts, too.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Another big shout out to our adopted girl Justine Ward. She really has stepped up her game, and evolved into a nice chemistry with Geno. I really think she's heads and tails better than Holly Rowe, but maybe I'm biased.

What a nice remark by Geno giving some props to Justine and the crew.

As another solid poster said in the game chat. See u in 9 months SNY.
Yes, for my entertainment dollar, the SNY triad is more competent and fun than any of the national women's basketball broadcasting teams.

Reaction Score
Eric, Meg & Justine are indeed top shelf, and we are very fortunate to have them covering the Huskies. In my opinion, there is currently only one other broadcast in all of women's basketball at their level, and that's Dick Fain and Elise Woodward for the Seattle Storm on Joe TV.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My last OT post on DirecTV...I recently upgraded to 4K and of course it required an equipment upgrade and a new 2 year commitment. All this for 3 or 4 additional channels that basically aren't very good programs. But what made me do it was that they did broadcast a SNY UConn WBB game. Well, the installation was completed and I could watch the 1 4K channel of free programs. Yea. The next day I turned on my equipment, turned to the 4K channel and from that moment on I have the message "Your tv doesn't support 4K content. You are watching it in 1080p, the highest resolution available. ". So I will be calling them, but to have them remove the equipment that was installed so that I couldn't get 4K!!!
End of the DirecTV rant.
4K can be a tricky province to navigate. Everything has to be in compliance and everything has to be aligned. Because your TV is new that doesn't necessarily mean certain content will be available to you. HDR and HDCP 2.2 are usually the culprits. If Direct TV broadcasts their programming using either of these 2 algorithms and your TV or receiver cannot either pass these through or use them natively you're screwed. You will either get the afore mentioned message or a blank screen. Been there. For me it was my receiver which I narrowed it down to through elimination and then quickly upgraded with a new one with the latest specs.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
4K can be a tricky province to navigate. Everything has to be in compliance and everything has to be aligned. Because your TV is new that doesn't necessarily mean certain content will be available to you. HDR and HDCP 2.2 are usually the culprits. If Direct TV broadcasts their programming using either of these 2 algorithms and your TV or receiver cannot either pass these through or use them natively you're screwed. You will either get the afore mentioned message or a blank screen. Been there. For me it was my receiver which I narrowed it down to through elimination and then quickly upgraded with a new one with the latest specs.
I guess I lied again...my tv is 3yo but a Samsung so I can update the One Connect hub to maintain a 4K display, which I do. My point was that the 4K channels worked while the technician was here, the next day, and still today, it no longer works.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom