Thank God they beat Syracuse | The Boneyard

Thank God they beat Syracuse

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Had UConn not beaten Cuse their best win this season would be over KP 106 Wichita State at home.

They have 13 wins - only three of them are against the KP top 215.

When was the last time UConn beat someone on the road who wasnt East Carolina or Tulane?

Over two full years ago - 2/19/17 @ Temple.

Reaction Score
Had UConn not beaten Cuse their best win this season would be over KP 106 Wichita State at home.

They have 13 wins - only three of them are against the KP top 215.

When was the last time UConn beat someone on the road who wasnt East Carolina or Tulane?

Over two full years ago - 2/19/17 @ Temple.
It's pathetic, I feel a sense of dread whenever we have a game the past couple of years. Just thankful I'm nowhere near them and haven't wasted money buying tix.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's pathetic, I feel a sense of dread whenever we have a game the past couple of years. Just thankful I'm nowhere near them and haven't wasted money buying tix.

it’s surreal.

I was pretty much born with the Big East - i was 6 when it tipped off. It was a decade of beatdowns but it was against the best in the sport.

Getting skunked in front of a docile crowd 1,500 miles away by a team that couldn’t win the Colonial is getting tiresome.

Reaction Score
We play good against good teams and crap against crap teams which is not good

Reaction Score
This team sucks! JA is hurt but he hasn't played well for 40 minutes nor on the road. AG, I feel sorry for him but he needs to be recruited over. He can keep a scholarship. Chief made a statement he would shut him down for the year. AG has talent but not playing for 2 years has cost him experience and is hurting this team. KO assemble a bunch of players who have no business wearing this uniform and DH needs to make some hard decisions going forward.

How many bunnies can one team miss in a game? Only to be out done by how many blow bys can one team give up in a game?

Reaction Score
So what are we up to now? Year 5 of the Hurley era before we are back to competitive?

Reaction Score
in Addition , this team is playing awful AND the teams were are not even that good. Cincy worse than last year, houston prolly worse than last year , smu deff worse than they usually are , I understand it’s a rebuild and that’s a nice ez answer but how come every other team can get a nice win or two that’s unexpected and we can’t? As far as conference play goes, besides two years ago when Jalen hit that late shot at temple, when was last nice road win(if u want to call temple a nice win) prolly Daniel Hamilton days? That’s insane. I really really thought I was going to see some strong improvement with this past week off from games and having solid practices and AG coming back. Thank god I didn’t bet them big. I guess spread was 6.5 fir a reason. And smu is awful. Uconn actually played thier worst complete game of year. In late february!!!! Remember when we wud start peaking in late FEb/March? God I miss the good ole days. Very troubling.

Reaction Score
I predicted another .500 season before this year started. Looking good!

#Draintheswamp

Reaction Score
Let’s remember that with Jalen we probably win this game but our front court is so bad that the team would still be losing games, look at the lines on Carlton and Sid. We need a center and power forward next year and Hurley should spend every waking second to get them. Let Sal coach the games.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
This is the time of the year when we should be seeing improvement. All I wanted this year was the team to look better in March than they did in December and it's not happening. They didn't look like they knew what they were doing last night, and having JA on the court wouldn't have changed that.

Total bummer of a game that I spent a week looking forward to, on to the next one.

Reaction Score
I would bet SMU finishes 4th place in CAA this year. Northeastern takes them to the woodshed.

Reaction Score
When was the last time UConn beat someone on the road . . . . period? Can't remember if we ever went winless on the road in a season. We're close now.

I turned the game off halfway through the 2nd half last night. Never did that before but it's the same MO every game - give up a big run that put us out of reach. Garbage defense and nobody on the inside that can score.

Between football and men's hoops it's gotten ridiculously depressing. Guess the people who said being left out in the cold of CR was like death of a thousand paper cuts were right on the money. (It's not all that, but it's a lot of that)

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
13-13 right now

Cincy = L
@ Wich = L
USF = Win
Temple = ?
@ECU= W

temple game should decide whether we finish above or below .500

If Gilbert plays like he just did we are only going to beat ECU.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
13-13 right now

Cincy = L
@ Wich = L
USF = Win
Temple = ?
@ECU = W

temple game should decide whether we finish above or below .500
USF is much better than us this year. If they let Ray suit up one more time before retiring the jersey maybe we can beat them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Gilbert plays like he just did we are only going to beat ECU.

Did you really expect him to play well given circumstances? I didn't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom