Thank God for Next Year | The Boneyard

Thank God for Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"They'll get em next year". "Wait till next year". "There's always next year".

I thought(along with everyone else here) that the Pasqualoni years were rough and that this season was going to turn the corner for better times. 2-10 folks.... 2-10.

All I can say is thank God for next year cause it just won't be worse than being 2-10 in a conference made up of unwanteds, losing the final game to the worst team in D-1.

The sky is the limit cause rock bottom is now!!

GO Huskies!! Win it all in 2015!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Next year is going to be the same old story.

Defense that isn't completely embarrassing and an offense that is.

We have no talent, the coach sucks, the league sucks (which btw were the worst team in) and the home schedule sucks.

Reaction Score

I thought(along with everyone else here) that the Pasqualoni years were rough and that this season was going to turn the corner for better times. 2-10 folks.... 2-10.

All I can say is thank God for next year cause it just won't be worse than being 2-10 in a conference made up of unwanteds, losing the final game to the worst team in D-1.

That's what we said this year; it can't get any worse than 3-9.

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed and embarrassed and blame needs to go around to everyone. The O-line was god awful last year, but we have seen vast improvement from the beginning of the year to now. The sacks are down and the running backs were starting to get some lanes to run. Both QB's had time to make plays, Whitmer made some but made a lot of unforced errors as well. Boyle on the other hand had all the time in the world today with wide open receivers and hit none of them.

I'm going to be the optimist and think that we can improve next year with only losing Mateas on the line and Sherriffs under center. Look at Temple in their second year under Rhule. Temple has a QB who can throw and run and they've gone from 2-10 to most likely being 6-6. Memphis went to one of the worst teams in the country to winning the conference under their third year of Fuentes. I think no one expected this season to be this bad, but I'm not going to give up on Diaco until I see what this team looks like next year.

Reaction Score
I have faith. This is the worst..the absolute rock bottom. Lots of bigger, faster recruits coming in next year than UConn is used to getting. The guys that are here are for the most part on the younger side and will be around for a while yet. The facilites are there for the lads to improve their bodies and their skills. Everything is in place for the right group to take advantage of this league and propel themselves to as close to a playoff spot as possible.

Thank God for next year and the year after that. Go Huskies!!

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
thank god for what? that we get to watch another pathetic excuse for a football team "play"?

Reaction Score
I think it's funny we all thought if we could sure up the O-line we would be alright. O-line went from worst group in the beginning of the season to the best but we only got worse.

Reaction Score
I'm a lot less worried about the o-line moving forward. Receivers and RB's have talent and we have young talent on D. Our QB play and our offensive coaches have been abysmal, but in all fairness the QB's (all eight of them) have not been put in a position to win. The carousel has to stop.

I have no idea what this season was about other than to test the patience of UConn supporters and aggravate a dwindling fanbase. We needed wins and all we got was spin. I do however appreciate your enthusiasm Weyou. I only wish I could be as upbeat.

Reaction Score
Next year is going to be the same old story.

Defense that isn't completely embarrassing and an offense that is.

We have no talent, the coach sucks, the league sucks (which btw were the worst team in) and the home schedule sucks.
Thank you for you support in Uconn Athletics. Please see the door.

Reaction Score
thank god for what? that we get to watch another pathetic excuse for a football team "play"?
You don't have to watch, but I am glad you do. Thanks for your support.

Reaction Score
Just glad this clusterf* season is over. It was brutal.

Reaction Score
I think it's funny we all thought if we could sure up the O-line we would be alright. O-line went from worst group in the beginning of the season to the best but we only got worse.

That shows you how bad the quarterback position is. Pretty big indictment if you have plenty of time in the pocket and you still can't make proper reads or throws.

Reaction Score

they are just trying to solidify their standing in the AAC. they are going to be stuck in this trash heap of a conference well past the time I kick off.

Reaction Score
I have faith. This is the worst..the absolute rock bottom. Lots of bigger, faster recruits coming in next year than UConn is used to getting. The guys that are here are for the most part on the younger side and will be around for a while yet. The facilites are there for the lads to improve their bodies and their skills. Everything is in place for the right group to take advantage of this league and propel themselves to as close to a playoff spot as possible.

Thank God for next year and the year after that. Go Huskies!!

Next year??? For what! More of this sh##t show. Diaco says the future is bright...Really.. I have seen high school games more exciting than this crap we are being fed

Reaction Score
SMU isn't even a decent team and has a ton of injuries and yet UCONN managed to find a way to lose to them. Ridiculous turnovers. Take care of the damn ball!!! Several scoring opportunities foiled by stupid turnovers. I am not looking fwd to more of this crap next year.

Reaction Score

You are very wrong on one account. SMU beat the worst D1 team in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom