Thamel: This Year's Coaching Carousel Will Be Most Active In Years | The Boneyard

Thamel: This Year's Coaching Carousel Will Be Most Active In Years

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This year's college basketball coaching carousel promises chaos

AAC:

OPEN: USF
Worth Monitoring: ECU

Lotta interesting thoughts in this article. Thamel doesn't see JTIII going anywhere which to me is somewhat astonishing. It's pretty incredible to look at this and see how many schools are going to have openings, but that is the current state of college basketball.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lotta interesting thoughts in this article. Thamel doesn't see JTIII going anywhere which to me is somewhat astonishing. It's pretty incredible to look at this and see how many schools are going to have openings, but that is the current state of college basketball.
Georgetown doesn't have the money or the will to buy out JTIII. They'll wait until his contract expires after next season then make a run at someone – maybe Wade, maybe Keatts if either is still available.

It'll be interesting to see what USF does. My guess is they go after Gottfried, who'll do a nice job of recruiting the area and bag a bunch of co-eds in the process. Nice work if you can get it!

Drew

Reaction Score
Georgetown doesn't have the money or the will to buy out JTIII. They'll wait until his contract expires after next season then make a run at someone – maybe Wade, maybe Keatts if either is still available.

It'll be interesting to see what USF does. My guess is they go after Gottfried, who'll do a nice job of recruiting the area and bag a bunch of co-eds in the process. Nice work if you can get it!
I would really really like ECU to make a run at Gottfried but I don't think they will get rid of Lebo. We really need them to get out of the 200+ RPI range its ridiculous. At least teams like Tulane and USF you can say are TRYING to be competitive. ECU just completed some basketball arena/practice facility renovations recently I think, they need to make a change to try to capitalize on that.

Drew

Reaction Score
Here is a recent article from a local paper on ECU basketball: Compher: Football, hoops face different challenges - Daily Reflector

"Compher has set a tough standard for winning since taking the reins of ECU sports. He expects championships or, at the very least, championship races. As two more basketball seasons near their end, neither ECU hoops team is anywhere near contention.

Like anyone surrounding the teams, Compher is quick to admit he is not happy with the results of either head coach Jeff Lebo’s men’s squad (15-13) or that of women’s coach Heather Macy (). But the AD also realizes just how formidable a task the American is.

“That has proven to be a challenge, but I don’t think it’s insurmountable at all,” he said. “I think with the investment we’ve made in our facilities and certainly the level of talent we’ve been able to recruit as a consequence of the change in our league, I think the benefits are yet to be realized, but will be.”

In short, Compher offered support for both Lebo and Macy, whose clubs are at the tail end of the regular season and have only their conference tournaments with which to build any credible momentum for next year. Compher said he still believes that can happen.

“I don’t think that anybody looks back on the season and says that they’re happy with the number of victories that we’ve had, certainly within conference play,” Compher said. “But I also believe that they’re really trying to make progress with their respective teams in this league, and the league isn’t standing still either. So we’ve got to continue to grind on that. And it is a grind, and it’s been a long season.”"

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

IF Gtown does part ways with JTIII - don't be surprised to see Patrick Ewing offered the job

Reaction Score

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
2017 recruiting class for each of these schools

ACC
NC State (open): TheWolfpacker.com
Clemson (35%): TigerIllustrated.com

Big Ten
Illinois (100%): OrangeandBlueNews.com
Indiana (80%): TheHoosier.com
Ohio State (10%): BuckeyeGrove.com
Penn State (25%): BlueWhiteIllustrated.com

Pac 12
Washington (75%): TheDawgReport.com

SEC
Missoui (100%): PowerMizzou.com
LSU (100%): TigerBait.com
Georgia (60%): UGASports.com
Arkansas (25%): HawgSports.com

Big East
Georgetown (5%): HoyaReport.com
Tillman from Illinois would be an amazing get.

Also worth noting: If Cuonzo Martin leaves Cal, that would make it likelier for Kameron Rooks to do his postgrad year elsewhere. Rooks isn't a world-beater, but he's exactly what we need in terms of being a dominant defensive rebounder and a good rim protector who's played at a high level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom