Thamel: The MAC? | The Boneyard

Thamel: The MAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry if this was already posted, but I just read this from Pete Thamel of the Times:

There is little chance it will add UConn or Rutgers anytime soon, unless it is to complement a school of significant football value.
University presidents do not mind leaving leagues so bludgeoned that they need tourniquets, but killing one completely would be regarded poorly. The only people who do not realize this are UConn officials, who are tripping over themselves to leak stories about their unhappiness with the Big East, which hurts that league’s efforts to look stable and expand. But UConn, which has no athletic director and a new president, may have nowhere to go. Since most realignment decisions are driven by football, joining Massachusetts in the Mid-American Conference could be UConn’s best available option at this point.

Reaction Score
We might go back to being Randy Edsall's dream job.

Reaction Score
This has become completely sublime. The stupidity is becoming even "stupider"

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Here's trying to "punish" UConn by not thanking their corporate overlords for allowing them the honor of staying in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Thamel's an SU alum, whose source was at SU. His inside info has dried up. Also, this isn't a news story. It's filed under "Analysis". In other words he has no sources in the ACC and makes up crap like any other blogger. His read of the SEC and Big 12 conferences are laughable. . But this is turning into quite the tale.

Reaction Score
And it's ok for su to bludgeon the big east and would be uconn's fault if the big east died? Am I in the twilight zone? This has thr Dr gross' the su pres's bony little finger all over it.

Reaction Score
And it's ok for su to bludgeon the big east and would be uconn's fault if the big east died? Am I in the twilight zone? This has thr Dr gross' the su pres's bony little finger all over it.
Everyone's going a little crazy.

Reaction Score
If anyone connected with SU wanted to see "stability" in the Big East, they would have rooted for SU to stay.

Not saying SU should have stayed but for someone with a connection to SU to suggest that UConn needs to stay the course for the sake of the Big East is downright hypocritical.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just an SU toadie trying to take the heat off his school by making people hate on UConn's activities. Sorry but SU is the traitor, not UConn. Ok SU is not alone. Add Pitt.

Pure spin doctoring.

Reaction Score
Thamel also wrote the Nate Miles hit job filled with quotes from a source he said was "less than credible". Thamel is one of the top guys in his profession, but he has something against UConn.

Reaction Score
Thamel also wrote the Nate Miles hit job filled with quotes from a source he said was "less than credible". Thamel is one of the top guys in his profession, but he has something against UConn.

All these Syracuse guys in the media, polishing up their school's image. I guess it helps having a top-tier Communications school.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
All these Syracuse guys in the media, polishing up their school's image. I guess it helps having a top-tier Communications school.

Well if that's the case, I say we gather up some folks from our top-tier Dentristry school and start pulling some serious teeth...

Reaction Score
Thamel is a tool. He actually thinks we'd be better off with Hathaway pulling the levers.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
He's also tossed out that we should join the ECAC. He's clearly enjoying our situation.

Whatever...

Reaction Score
If you truly think Herbst is acting like an idiot then you don't understand the art of the deal. She is acting brilliantly.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The thing I hate about this whole thing is that it forced me to finally get a twitter account.

You do learn real quick who's a giant from twitter though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom