Thamel, NY Times: in no rush, will sit back and wait | The Boneyard

Thamel, NY Times: in no rush, will sit back and wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Air Force AD: "There's no real impetus to do anything but sit back and watch"

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteThamelNYT

Kind of like pulling a lawn chair up to watch a train wreck, I suppose.

So the Big East's plan is to wait until more teams get cherry picked. Give Marinatto credit, he's been consistent.
I

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

So the Big East's plan is to wait until more teams get cherry picked. Give Marinatto credit, he's been consistent.
I
So if AFA waits, the exit fee stays at 5 million.

Hmmmm....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I

Isn't this the natural response to the #BegHarder plan?

Reaction Score

Funny thing is you read this and blame the beg harder plan you invented. But the fact is you said all the schools had to do to save the conference was commit to eachother. They did that when they agreed to increase the exit fee if /Navy join and that didn't work. Your "promise ring" plan didn't work and was never going to.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah, which is why UConn should also continue to #BegHarder as a contingency.

(only half sarcastic).

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
#DrinkHarder©

I like it! And I don't even drink...​

Reaction Score
Good things come to those that wait. And in the meantime....a good bottle of Glenlivet to help pass the time.

Reaction Score
As it has been for a while the key is Missouri. If they stay B12 then the BE likely keeps all of its remaining FB teams. If they go to the SEC then the B12 grabs WVU and Louisville maybe even Cincy and the BE FB conference dissolves and the leftovers (Rutgers, UConn) will wind up in CUSA or the MAC for FB.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Funny thing is you read this and blame the beg harder plan you invented. But the fact is you said all the schools had to do to save the conference was commit to eachother. They did that when they agreed to increase the exit fee if /Navy join and that didn't work. Your "promise ring" plan didn't work and was never going to.

UConn pursues a strategy that is to tell the rest of the conference and the country for that matter that we want out, and want into a league that clearly wants nothing to do with us. This plan had no chance of success, and encourage other schools, which had better options, to do the same when they weren't initially looking to leave.

Now, we try to add 6 schools to a league that we have told people we don't want to be members of. What exactly did we expect their reaction to be?

Reaction Score
UConn pursues a strategy that is to tell the rest of the conference and the country for that matter that we want out, and want into a league that clearly wants nothing to do with us. This plan had no chance of success, and encourage other schools, which had better options, to do the same when they weren't initially looking to leave.

Now, we try to add 6 schools to a league that we have told people we don't want to be members of. What exactly did we expect their reaction to be?

So you're saying a commitment never would have mattered? I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom