Thamel - BE is"muddling through the Big Wait" | The Boneyard

Thamel - BE is"muddling through the Big Wait"

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not too much new, some hedging as to whether the B12 will grab UL/WVU or not:

Ask different people in Big 12 country about whether the Big 12 will go to 10 or 12 programs, and you will get different answers. For now, the most logical option is 10.

That is because in a 10-team league, the revenue is split fewer ways. It is also the preference of Texas administrators, which is important. After Texas made concessions on revenue sharing, admitting T.C.U. and giving up its media rights to the league, it is hard to imagine it making further concessions when Missouri bolts.

A smaller league, without a title game, is also the preference of Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops and Texas Coach Mack Brown, both of whom view the Big 12 title game as an impediment to them playing for a national title.
Could they have a 12 team league... without a championship game? Wait, don't tell 'em I said that!!! Actually, of course they wouldn't, because the championship game is there for $$$$$.

And there's another quote about Navy's Gladchuk about waiting longer. And while he said the exit fee vote was a "tangible sign", I'd say it clearly hasn't done the job it was intended to do, which is get Navy/Air Force on board ASAP. They're gonna wait to see if UL/WVU and UConn... and I guess Rutgers, are still here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not too much new, some hedging as to whether the B12 will grab UL/WVU or not:

Could they have a 12 team league... without a championship game? Wait, don't tell 'em I said that!!! Actually, of course they wouldn't, because the championship game is there for $$$$$.

And there's another quote about Navy's Gladchuk about waiting longer. And while he said the exit fee vote was a "tangible sign", I'd say it clearly hasn't done the job it was intended to do, which is get Navy/Air Force on board ASAP. They're gonna wait to see if UL/WVU and UConn... and I guess Rutgers, are still here.
I cant' imagine anyone doing anything until after this weekend and everyone sees what Missouri does.

Reaction Score
Gladchuk was quoted as saying that there is no "impetus" to otherwise sit back and watch.

So the contigent minimal exit fee didn't quite do it.

Shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET