Thabeet Heads to Japan | The Boneyard

Thabeet Heads to Japan

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good for him - he'll make money and probably lots of it
Did a real good job at UConn and he was a true husky
IMHO he was drafted way too high, they say you can't teach height but you also need a whole lots of other skills to be in the league - 99% of the time
Best of luck to him
Thanks for the memories!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I always just thought that basketball was (and is) a means to an end for HT. Guy never loved it. Made the league, got the $, put it in cruise control.

Reaction Score
Fans behind a computer screen can call the guy a bum and yeah he's a bust, but he's living a nice life and getting to travel the world.

Reaction Score
Oh cool, if he plays against Osaka I'll have to go and see him.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Fans behind a computer screen can call the guy a bum and yeah he's a bust, but he's living a nice life and getting to travel the world.

I remember having this type of conversation about an mlb pitcher like 15 years ago.

I think it was James Baldwin. Yeah the dude was a bum in mlb...but in comparison to all ballplayers, still like top 1% of all time. Think of how many serious athletes there are in Baseball or basketball and then how many ever make it. How many get drafted. How many go top 10. How many play a multiple years, one year. A month. A 10 day deal or a game. It gets to be a really small percentage.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I remember having this type of conversation about an mlb pitcher like 15 years ago.

I think it was James Baldwin. Yeah the dude was a bum in mlb...but in comparison to all ballplayers, still like top 1% of all time. Think of how many serious athletes there are in Baseball or basketball and then how many ever make it. How many get drafted. How many go top 10. How many play a multiple years, one year. A month. A 10 day deal or a game. It gets to be a really small percentage.

He was a fourth round pick who finished second in the ROY voting and went to an all-star game.

Made 202 starts and won more games than he lost.

Sort of an odd definition of bum.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He was a fourth round pick who finished second in the ROY voting and went to an all-star game.

Made 202 starts and won more games than he lost.

Sort of an odd definition of bum.

Someone else was calling him a bum. Looking up what teams he was playing for tells me this convo happened in 2002 (I knew it was in the 01-03 range).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom