Texas | The Boneyard

Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
beat TAMU 79-64. GG is making a push for an automatic bid!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Texas guards Anderson and Fussell combined for 54 points. Surprised the aTm guards could not defend better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
An automatic bid entails beating Baylor. Really tough proposition for anyone, especially a middling team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
2-0 over the aggroids for the season! 2-0 in MBB, 1-0 in football, easily winning the Lone Star Challenge in what was generally a down year for Texas sports. Have fun in the SEC, losers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2-0 over the aggroids for the season! 2-0 in MBB, 1-0 in football, easily winning the Lone Star Challenge in what was generally a down year for Texas sports. Have fun in the SEC, losers.
LOL. :)

I was waiting to hear from you on this.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
How do we think TAMU will do in the SEC??

Challenging KY/Tenn/LSU/SC for the top of the league.

Reaction Score
Wins over TAMU & Oklahoma in the last week help A LOT. And puts them in tie for 6th.
But going 2-7 on the road in conference does not.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oh, ok. 18-12 overall. 8-10 in conference. A nice tourney run would help. An early loss could mean WNIT.

I hoping for early loss. Texas would just get into the tourney to lose in the first round again. WNIT needs a "T" in it.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Texas will make the NCAA's. As for A&M in SEC. I think they will be a factor. I see Ole Miss, Mississippi ST. , Auburn all will have new coaches. I think those teams will be the bottom teams. SC, Arkansas have improved. Vandy was a young team this year. Tennessee will look diffrent. I think Graves and Carter will have impact right away.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How do we think TAMU will do in the SEC??

Challenging KY/Tenn/LSU/SC for the top of the league.
I think they'll do quite well in the SEC in WBB. Their incoming class is stellar.

In football...yikes.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

The Aggies have really let me down this year vs Texas... ESPECIALLY that football game. Oh well... I never liked them anyway.... just pulled for them to beat Texas this year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Longhorns just got stomped by Texas Tech 81-58 in the first round of the Big 12 Tourney. Wonder if they still make the NCAAs

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Longhorns and Tar Heels might be the victims of Gonzaga and St. Bonaventure failing to get automatic bids.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
How's this for Gail's breakfast reading:

After overcoming two months of torturous ineptitude and then staving off three potential death blows in recent weeks, the Texas women's basketball team arrived at Municipal Auditorium as the Big 12's great survivors.

Then the Longhorns spent two hours inventing horrific new ways to kill their season.
In a dismal performance that brought their supposedly safe at-large NCAA tournament bid back into question, the eighth-seeded Longhorns were humiliated by ninth-seeded Texas Tech 81-58 in the first round of the Big 12 tournament Wednesday.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How's this for Gail's breakfast reading:

After overcoming two months of torturous ineptitude and then staving off three potential death blows in recent weeks, the Texas women's basketball team arrived at Municipal Auditorium as the Big 12's great survivors.

Then the Longhorns spent two hours inventing horrific new ways to kill their season.
In a dismal performance that brought their supposedly safe at-large NCAA tournament bid back into question, the eighth-seeded Longhorns were humiliated by ninth-seeded Texas Tech 81-58 in the first round of the Big 12 tournament Wednesday.

This game story is brutal. It continues:

How bad was the Longhorns' worst? During the game's first 12 minutes, they missed 22 of 25 shots and still found time to turn the ball over 10 times. In the first half, they shot 7-for-39 (17.9 percent).

Overall, they were 19-for-75 (25.3 percent), and many of the misses rolled off the rim from point-blank range. The ones from farther away often failed to draw iron at all. And the struggles came against the Red Raiders (19-12), a team so unaccustomed to playing good defense they didn't even claim to do it spectacularly on Wednesday.

"I wouldn't say we handled them," Tech coach Kristy Curry said. "They missed a lot of shots."

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Charlie says they're "on the right side of the bubble" and I think that's just big conference bull. It's a privilege, not a right, to go to the Big Dance. Risk the ire of the horde and send, say, Appalachian State instead of some sorry excuse for a big money program.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Charlie says they're "on the right side of the bubble" and I think that's just big conference bull. It's a privilege, not a right, to go to the Big Dance. Risk the ire of the horde and send, say, Appalachian State instead of some sorry excuse for a big money program.
Amen, and those kids from Appalachian State will value it so much more because just getting there is their dream.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Why? How does that benefit WBB? Texas has spent crazy money in support of women's sports, not to mention that, by way of ripple effect, a lot of other schools have as well (see the raises Gary Blair, Kim Mulkey, and Sherri Coale got for instance). What has Appalachian State ever done for women's sports or for their own brand?

Not to mention that, as erratic and disappointing as Texas has been, they could actually win a game in the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom