Texas vs UConn Nov 14 | The Boneyard

Texas vs UConn Nov 14

Reaction Score
It is in FS1.

Screenshot (26).png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
ESPN does not own Big East media rights. That means UConn home games are either on Fox (channels), SNY or CBSSportsnet.
However, to be clear, ESPN does broadcast some UConn home games.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
However, to be clear, ESPN does broadcast some UConn home games.
Not regular season games.

Early round NCAA tournament games because ESPN has exclusive rights. Some might say games at Mohegan are "home" games but for those (HOF) games Mohegan is considered neutral.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not regular season games.

Early round NCAA tournament games because ESPN has exclusive rights. Some might say games at Mohegan are "home" games but for those (HOF) games Mohegan is considered neutral.
I stand corrected @UConnCat . And apologize for my misinformation. I would have sworn some big games in the last 2 seasons, such as SoCar, the Golden Domers, and Tn were on ESPN. But not a single game was. :eek:

Reaction Score
Was anyone able to watch the Texas-DePaul exhibition game today (I know not many of us may get the Longhorn network)? If so, what were your impressions?

Reaction Score
Was anyone able to watch the Texas-DePaul exhibition game today (I know not many of us may get the Longhorn network)? If so, what were your impressions?
I did watch. I was really looking forward to seeing some college bball. They got off to a slow start but I thought they looked really good. Morris pretty much looked the same as she did at DePaul but she's the scoring punch Texas needs. Rori Harmon seemed really content just running the offense and playing hard. It was interesting during the telecast that one of the Texas announcers said Shaylee Gonzales was having a bit of a hard time getting adjusted to the new offense. She looked really good in the game and was the primary ballhandler when Rori wasn't on the floor. I thought Aaliyah Moore was their best player and really outplayed Morrow (I know it's preseason). The only thing I thought they did poorly was score from outside. I thought both Gaston and Faye (two of their centers) played pretty good. Jones their big from the portal was out but they mentioned that she may play in their next preseason game. In any event I was thinking if they have Shaylee on Azzi in our game, Azzi might go for 35. Shay holle is athletic and provided a spark but if they start a small 3, CD should have a field day. Ayanna People's did well against them when she attacked the basket. Lastly they didn't shoot all that great from 3, so I think if UConn can force them to take 3s and then rebound they will be ok.

Reaction Score
Texas won 105 to 62. Depaul hung with them for the first quarter and then it was all down hill from there. I did not watch the game but that is an impressive win for Texas.
Ouch!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I did watch. I was really looking forward to seeing some college bball. They got off to a slow start but I thought they looked really good. Morris pretty much looked the same as she did at DePaul but she's the scoring punch Texas needs. Rori Harmon seemed really content just running the offense and playing hard. It was interesting during the telecast that one of the Texas announcers said Shaylee Gonzales was having a bit of a hard time getting adjusted to the new offense. She looked really good in the game and was the primary ballhandler when Rori wasn't on the floor. I thought Aaliyah Moore was their best player and really outplayed Morrow (I know it's preseason). The only thing I thought they did poorly was score from outside. I thought both Gaston and Faye (two of their centers) played pretty good. Jones their big from the portal was out but they mentioned that she may play in their next preseason game. In any event I was thinking if they have Shaylee on Azzi in our game, Azzi might go for 35. Shay holle is athletic and provided a spark but if they start a small 3, CD should have a field day. Ayanna People's did well against them when she attacked the basket. Lastly they didn't shoot all that great from 3, so I think if UConn can force them to take 3s and then rebound they will be ok.
DePaul lost 44 ppg to graduation/transfer (Morris, Church, Held) and didn't add much talent to take their place. It's a team that likes to hoist up 3s and shooting 2-24 was a problem. Morrow will see a lot of defenders this season.

Reaction Score
jdote33, taped the game as I am fixated on nfl games with the Sunday Ticket and the fantasy leagues I'm in. Just ran through it and your assessment is exactly what mine is. Similar to UConn, once the season starts and they start to jell, they will be a tough out, but Nov. 14 we will see the good and bad of both teams.

Reaction Score
Last year they were a small scrappy team. This year they seem to be a bit taller. But their new bigs, Faye and Jones, are transfers who may not fit in so well. My guess is Moore and Gaston will end up being the main posts and they’ll be a small team again. The posts have been their weakness in the past, and their backcourt has been their strength. They may be even stronger in the backcourt this year, especially with Sonya Morris on the perimeter.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I stand corrected @UConnCat . And apologize for my misinformation. I would have sworn some big games in the last 2 seasons, such as SoCar, the Golden Domers, and Tn were on ESPN. But not a single game was. :eek:
Neutral site games should be on ESPN, depending on the opponent. The Phil Knight Classic and the annual HOF game surely will be on ESPN. Fox holds the BE rights, but ESPN won't miss a chance of broadcasting any games that they can involving the Huskies. The Big Road games will be on ESPN, such as ND, SC, Tennessee, and possibly Maryland.

Reaction Score
I doubt vic uses Gonzales a transfer who does not understand his defensive intensity or scheme to guard Azzi lol .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Neutral site games should be on ESPN, depending on the opponent. The Phil Knight Classic and the annual HOF game surely will be on ESPN. Fox holds the BE rights, but ESPN won't miss a chance of broadcasting any games that they can involving the Huskies. The Big Road games will be on ESPN, such as ND, SC, Tennessee, and possibly Maryland.
The South Carolina game is a home game at the XL Center and is on FOX, while ND and Maryland are both away and are scheduled to be broadcasted by ABC. The Tennessee, Phil Knight Classic and the Basketball Hall of Fame game against Florida State are currently scheduled to be aired by the ESPN networks, either ESPN, ESPN1, ESPN2, or ESPNU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom