Texas vs Marquette | The Boneyard

Texas vs Marquette

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I am watching this game and Marquette is good. But as I watch them all I can think is that we have the closest thing to Kolek in Cam and then you start to count the other pieces and I think we match up better this year than last. I think SJ can give the Marquette big man (whose name I will never spell right) issues with his speed and length. It’s early and Texas has made a bit of a comeback. Not sure who I want to root for. Usually I do root for the BE team but other than us Texas has played a pretty weak schedule. Might be better for our computer rankings if Texas wins. But Marquette is a very good team. And they have the second best coach in college basketball.

Reaction Score
I am watching this game and Marquette is good. But as I watch them all I can think is that we have the closest thing to Kolek in Cam and then you start to count the other pieces and I think we match up better this year than last. I think SJ can give the Marquette big man (whose name I will never spell right) issues with his speed and length. It’s early and Texas has made a bit of a comeback. Not sure who I want to root for. Usually I do root for the BE team but other than us Texas has played a pretty weak schedule. Might be better for our computer rankings if Texas wins. But Marquette is a very good team. And they have the second best coach in college basketball.
Shaka isn’t going to lose this game.

Reaction Score
Always root for big east team. Texas is good and will win plenty

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You do realize that we’re going to play Marquette twice, right?
Yes I would be happy with a split hence the comment. If Texas tanks which Marquette wont I figured a win for Texas long term would be good for us. Makes no difference at this point as since I started the thread Kolek has gone crazy and Marquette is up 14 at half. They play like UConn keep hitting and when the other team hits back they find another gear and level up.

Reaction Score
We play Marquette twice and Texas once. Texas winning is not better for our computer rankings.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We play Marquette twice and Texas once. Texas winning is not better for our computer rankings.
If Texas wins tonight which they won’t tomorrow our net rankings would improve because Texas net ranking would improve. I thought the net rankings were a cumulative running type of thing. I don’t think when they give wins certain positive data ranges they all do it based on where the team was when you beat them. Meaning if Texas plays well and stays in the top 15 that is better for our strength of schedule as the years goes on and the algorithms continue to digest data. But I stand by my original statement if Texas wins tonight tomorrow we have a better KenPom, Net or any other algorithm based model rating than we will if they lose.

Reaction Score
If Texas wins tonight which they won’t tomorrow our net rankings would improve because Texas net ranking would improve. I thought the net rankings were a cumulative running type of thing. I don’t think when they give wins certain positive data ranges they all do it based on where the team was when you beat them. Meaning if Texas plays well and stays in the top 15 that is better for our strength of schedule as the years goes on and the algorithms continue to digest data. But I stand by my original statement if Texas wins tonight tomorrow we have a better KenPom, Net or any other algorithm based model rating than we will if they lose.
Yes, tomorrow algorithms will give us higher numbers. But by the end of the season, it will produce lower numbers. Not rocket science.

caw

Reaction Score

Yes but by end of year, it won't matter because UConn will play Marquette at least twice.

Reaction Score
I have no fear of Marq. Great team and cant wait to play them. Win or lose they will make us better and when it comes to the big east tournament the title goes through them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is Texas back at full strength? I didn’t think so. They will be good this year. Nothing to worry about. The Big East needs some signature wins. [paused for Livvy Dunne commercial]. This looks like a solid one for Marquette. I don’t think teams are ready for their style.

Reaction Score
Is Texas back at full strength? I didn’t think so. They will be good this year. Nothing to worry about. The Big East needs some signature wins. [paused for Livvy Dunne commercial]. This looks like a solid one for Marquette. I don’t think teams are ready for their style.
Shedrick played and did nothing, Disu is still out.

Marquette will be hard for just about anyone to be ready for especially if they're on. They are vulnerable down low especially if you get Ighodaro in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Marquette winning is unequivocally better for our computer rankings.

That said, in the nebulous "signature wins" category, we've already beaten Texas but not Marquette.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Marquette looks unbeatable at times (KU, TX), and then throws a stinker another day. Maybe they will make the final four this time, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Their performance vs MSU in NCAAs last season p*d me off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom