Texas vs.Iowa St. | The Boneyard

Texas vs.Iowa St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Texas came to play today.
7-11 3 Pointer's in the 1st Half.
N.Jones and B.Sanders are bringing the heat.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Splat ... another ranking gets a kick in the pants! Hard work coming Monday for the "experts" and plenty for us to chew on in the Boneyard.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'm pretty surprised. Thought the Horns were going to lose to Baylor in Waco, but not to ISU.

Texas has some tough games ahead. If they manage to win the Big XII, I think they still get a #1 seed. I'm not counting on that, though- not with @WVU, Baylor x2, and Oklahoma coming up, along with the B12 tourney.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty surprised. Thought the Horns were going to lose to Baylor in Waco, but not to ISU.

Texas has some tough games ahead. If they manage to win the Big XII, I think they still get a #1 seed. I'm not counting on that, though- not with @WVU, Baylor x2, and Oklahoma coming up, along with the B12 tourney.
I think Baylor is a much likelier 1 seed out of the B12. Texas is not one of the top seven teams imho.

Reaction Score
What I find remarkable about this game is that in their previous game against TCU,
Iowa St. was up 23 at the half and then gave up 65 points in the second half to lose
86-84. To come off a dispiriting, hang your head, game like that and then turn around
and beat Texas shows that the ISU kids have some character. (it helped that Texas
shot something like 21% in the second half)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
OK St also lost (to TCU) - are we back to the old Big 12 where top teams struggle on the road against conference foes? Baylor broke that tendency for a few years, but ...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
OK St also lost (to TCU) - are we back to the old Big 12 where top teams struggle on the road against conference foes? Baylor broke that tendency for a few years, but ...
That has always been the tendency in the B12, which is why the conference is always a real fun one to watch. So many surprises. But even though OK St. was around a 12 point favorite against TCU, they've played one of the worst schedules of any team in the country and still managed to chalk up 3 losses with no wins over a top 50 team. Seem like a lot of smoke, and the mirror showed them that they aren't that good tonight.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I didn't read it - I morally object to bracketology before late-February - but I think the point was made in one recent guess-a-bracket-ology on ESPN that poor schedules will likely impact the number of teams the Big 12 will get in the tournament.

Reaction Score
The Horns lost a close game to a top 65 team on the road, so that's got to earn them a few more #1 rankings from the learned pollsters in the polls next week.
I was going to ask the opposite question. Who will get Texas' first place vote(s) now, us or South Carolina?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I was going to ask the opposite question. Who will get Texas' first place vote(s) now, us or South Carolina?
Mississippi St. is undefeated and has far more wins at 18 than any other team, so even though they've played a puffy schedule, they do have 4 wins over top 50 teams and the Bulldogs would be a safe place to park those ex-Texas #1 votes. Or if you want to stay in Texas, give them to once-defeated Baylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom