Texas Tech Wants Louisville | The Boneyard

Texas Tech Wants Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Oliver Luck is a , which is always worth mentioning.

Reaction Score
Texas Tech is the little annoying kid who shoots his mouth off because his big brother is the neighborhood bully.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If all the activity surrounding the politicos involvement in this process is accurately recorded in this article (which I doubt because reporters conveniently leave out information that could reduce the emotional interest in a story) we see some insight in how this process works.

My impression from this article. McConnell knows someone affiliated with the B12, Hance. McConnell and Hance are familiar with one another and are friends. The excuse about traveling distance to WV by Hance is the stated rationalization the ex congressman has to make to justify his backing of Louisville. He can't publicly claim the two of them (McConnell and Hance) probably worked together to get pork for Hance's district and that McConnell is calling in a favor. I don't know if this is true, but I suspect that something like this is the basis for certain deals.

If the above is accurate, then all of our analysis of markets, football vs. bb, team history, the BCS value a team provides and even the $$ of media contracts are over complications of the process. I would say things boil down to egos and relationships. It is all about who is running things and what they like or prefer.

Reaction Score
WVU already got turned down by SEC and the ACC. If they get turned down by the B12 too, they really got some issues. I really hope UCONN get out of this mess cause I literally can't take it anymore. It would be nice to be in a conference where schools aren't trying to get out at the first chance they get.

Reaction Score
Travel to WVU does seem to be less than ideal for the B12 though. It's pretty far east for them and doesn't have it's own airport nearby so you have to actually fly into Pittsburgh and drive for over an hour to get to campus. I would definitely rather lose Louisville than WVU.

Reaction Score
Travel to WVU does seem to be less than ideal for the B12 though. It's pretty far east for them and doesn't have it's own airport nearby so you have to actually fly into Pittsburgh and drive for over an hour to get to campus. I would definitely rather lose Louisville than WVU.

The more you read, the more you you can see why the Big 12 strongly consider Louisville.

Money. UL
TV Market. UL
Basketball (granted a slim factor). UL
Football Facilities. UL
Other sports facilities. UL
Location and East of Travel. UL
Football history and recent performance. WV

It appears the Big 12 likes WV and is just reevaluating before pulling the final trigger, but as a Big 12 President or AD, you would have to be impressed with the unbelievable commitment the Cardinals have made to their athletics the past 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom