Texas Rising | The Boneyard

Texas Rising

Reaction Score
Anyone take in the first 2 episodes of this on History Channel? Interesting for now as I like the history part and there's some decent acting too. Will have a better idea of how good it is this Monday.

Curious as to what others think, especially historians.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Probably will try to catch up this weekend.

Reaction Score
"Austin’s father wanted him to receive a good education, so he sent him, at age eleven, to the Bacon Academy in Colchester, Connecticut, from 1804 to 1807."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have watched the first two episodes. At the moment it appears that this is merely a vehicle to improve the perception of Sam Houston. History (and for the most part Hollywood as well) always presented the picture that Houston allowed the sacrifice of the fighters at the Alamo and (Seguin, the dispatch from the Alamo requesting reinforcements stated his shock and disgust at Houston's refusal to help) Goliad in an attempt to coax the United States to join the battle and that he got (amazingly) lucky catching Santa Anna (literally) napping at San Jacinto.

I am currently of the belief that this will be similar to Sons of Liberty, a pointed piece of semi-fiction designed to glorify some reasonably famous character from our history at a level far beyond his actual deeds.

One reporter when commenting on the mini-series stated the characters seemed "wooden" and that it "felt like a bad crossing of Lonesome Dove and Hatfields and McCoys". From what little I've seen to date (about 40% of the entire broadcast) I agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom