Texas is going to be fun to watch | The Boneyard

Texas is going to be fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The best part about watching Texas now is that we don't have to sweat it. We have our man and can just sit back and enjoy the drama. Imagine if we didn't have HCBD. The angst of watching Texas would be through the roof on these boards.

Reaction Score
The best part about watching Texas now is that we don't have to sweat it. We have our man and can just sit back and enjoy the drama. Imagine if we didn't have HCBD. The angst of watching Texas would be through the roof on these boards.
Diaco would not have even registered with TX except if TX convinces Kelly to leave ND. Then would ND promote him? again, unlikely, but also entirely moot at this point. Gruden is all of the rage for them right now. I can also see them trying to raid/convince some B1G/SEC coaches to move. TX may be the only school that will pay more than Bama and that will gladly pay any exit fee that is attached to any coach that they want.

Reaction Score
Gruden is on every teams wish list when an opening emerges. ND and Tennessee because of his ties, then USC and Texas because of their names (and egos). I think his ego loves it, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Diaco would not have even registered with TX except if TX convinces Kelly to leave ND. Then would ND promote him? again, unlikely, but also entirely moot at this point. Gruden is all of the rage for them right now. I can also see them trying to raid/convince some B1G/SEC coaches to move. TX may be the only school that will pay more than Bama and that will gladly pay any exit fee that is attached to any coach that they want.
I agree 100%. But don't have to worry about how the carousel might have affected our search. We got our man. That's what was referring to.

Reaction Score
I really thought Saban should have gone to try Texas. Bigger professional stage than Alabama, and let's face it, who wants to live in Alabama.

Reaction Score
Gruden has been out for too long. Probably has gone soft in the booth. Look at what Joe Gibbs was like when he finally came back. The Texas job is crazy because it's so political. Gruden is an Xs and Os guy, but he will spend the majority of his time recruiting, glad handing donors and pols, and the media, I think he would go nuts.

I think Jim Harbaugh is probably the best option for them. The guy just knows how to cut through the BS and win and he has done it everywhere.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Joe Gibbs is not an apt comparison. John Gruden is still around the game. He is an announcer and he has his QB school before the draft. Gibbs completely left the game to focus on his NASCAR teams.
Gruden was fired in 2009 (only 5 years ago). Gibbs was out of coaching for 11 years and completely away for eight. In that time, the game had changed. Gibbs was a running heavy coach in a league leaning more and more towards passing.
Gruden has been out for too long. Probably has gone soft in the booth. Look at what Joe Gibbs was like when he finally came back. The Texas job is crazy because it's so political. Gruden is an Xs and Os guy, but he will spend the majority of his time recruiting, glad handing donors and pols, and the media, I think he would go nuts.

I think Jim Harbaugh is probably the best option for them. The guy just knows how to cut through the BS and win and he has done it everywhere.

Reaction Score
Joe Gibbs is not an apt comparison. John Gruden is still around the game. He is an announcer and he has his QB school before the draft. Gibbs completely left the game to focus on his NASCAR teams.
Gruden was fired in 2009 (only 5 years ago). Gibbs was out of coaching for 11 years and completely away for eight. In that time, the game had changed. Gibbs was a running heavy coach in a league leaning more and more towards passing.

Wow. Everyone knows how much the game has changed in the past five years. And let's face it, the guy hasn't worked that hard in half a decade. You just can't not be a combatant in this game for that long and not lose an edge.

Honestly, I hope he gets hired because he annoys the crap out of me on MNF. He is like Joe Theisman annoying to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom