Texas guard Lashann Higgs' season over after tearing ACL | The Boneyard

Texas guard Lashann Higgs' season over after tearing ACL

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Texas has lost leading scorer Lashann Higgs, a senior guard, for the season with a torn ACL in her left knee. Higgs was injured Friday in the Longhorns' 56-55 victory over Quinnipiac in Estero, Florida. The injury was confirmed Monday by Texas.

1543348667533.png

The No. 10 Longhorns won the Gulf Coast Showcase title this past weekend with victories over Quinnipiac, Michigan and Fordham. Higgs averaged 13.8 points and 4.5 rebounds in four games this season, her second as a starter.

She was expected to be a big part of Texas' attack, especially after the loss of senior guards Ariel Atkins and Brooke McCarty from last season's Sweet 16 team. This horrible news for the Longhorns and WCBB. Get well soon Lashann.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I hate this for Texas.
A. Warren One More.
A Old School Player.
I love her game.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I love LaShann Higgs (the smile in the pic says it all), and I hate to hear news like this about anyone. I hope she makes as full a recovery as possible before next year.

Reaction Score
This may make the loss of Patterson a little more detrimental to Texas. Believe it or not, they still have a talented squad despite all of these losses in the past year or so, between Boothe leaving and Higgs injury.

Reaction Score
I really dislike hearing about these injuries to young people that eliminate their ability to enjoy a season of play. This not only impacts what is happening in the present, but down the road, as she matures and ages, like the rest of us, she will feel discomfort that will limit her mobility. These injuries never seem to ever disappear completely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom