Texas adds Juco Players | The Boneyard

Texas adds Juco Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Don't these JUCO's understand that the LV's have a need (i.e. is practically begging) for additional front line help for this coming season? With their coaching situation finally firmed up, I wonder what the excuses the folks in K-ville are using as to why recruits are no longer lining up to play in their program? Inquiring minds want to know!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Texas also hired an assistant coach who comes from the high school ranks and has strong ties to Brianna Turner. I think that's shady and alarming, but it is nevertheless what they're doing. Certainly, landing Turner could make Texas instantly relevant.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Texas also hired an assistant coach who comes from the high school ranks and has strong ties to Brianna Turner. I think that's shady and alarming, but it is nevertheless what they're doing. Certainly, landing Turner could make Texas instantly relevant.
Wonder where they learned to play that game?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Exactly, the kind of thing that should be prohibited under NCAA rules. Pap, you are right they are just mimicking Waco traditions.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wonder where they learned to play that game?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. It's not like this practice was invented in Waco. When Kristi Curry was at Purdue she hired the daughter (Katrina Merriweather) of the AAU coach of Amber Harris and Ta'Shia Phillips. As mentioned in my post in the thread on Beth Cunningham to ND, it didn't turn out so well for Purdue much to the benefit of Xavier. As Baylor and Purdue learned, these hires can bring risk (recruiting violations) and rewards (recruits).

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. It's not like this practice was invented in Waco. When Kristi Curry was at Purdue she hired the daughter (Katrina Merriweather) of the AAU coach of Amber Harris and Ta'Shia Phillips. As mentioned in my post in the thread on Beth Cunningham to ND, it didn't turn out so well for Purdue much to the benefit of Xavier. As Baylor and Purdue learned, these hires can bring risk (recruiting violations) and rewards (recruits).
Unfortunately, you are correct.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Andy Landers hired Tasha Humphrey's mother as an assistant coach at Georgia.

Reaction Score
When current SDSU men's coach, Steve Fischer, was at Michigan, he hired Jalen Rose's high school coach, When Danny Manning was at Kansas, his father, Ed, who also played for Larry Brown in the ABA, was on the Kansas bench. The list goes on and on.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
When current SDSU men's coach, Steve Fischer, was at Michigan, he hired Jalen Rose's high school coach, When Danny Manning was at Kansas, his father, Ed, who also played for Larry Brown in the ABA, was on the Kansas bench. The list goes on and on.
Indeed, such practices are common in the men's game. However, I think many WCBB fans, even those of us who also like MCBB, appreciate the many ways it's not like MCBB and would prefer it remain distinct. Especially when it comes to recruiting.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Indeed, such practices are common in the men's game. However, I think many WCBB fans, even those of us who also like MCBB, appreciate the many ways it's not like MCBB and would prefer it remain distinct. Especially when it comes to recruiting.

your preference is getting crushed every day and every season... dont stress about it, adapt to the product thats put in front of you...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
your preference is getting crushed every day and every season... dont stress about it, adapt to the product thats put in front of you...
Nope- gonna continue to express my displeasure, however fruitless that may be ultimately. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Nope- gonna continue to express my displeasure, however fruitless that may be ultimately. :)
maybe someone will bite... one day, keep up the fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom