Tevin Montgomery | The Boneyard

Tevin Montgomery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We seem to be out of the race for Monty, his top three are BC, Vandy and UVA. I'm guessing we were out when DT's Burlingame and Fatukasi committed.

Reaction Score
whats so funny?

imagesCA6MP8ZG.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

i was just wondering thats all.

montgomery is a good recruit but lets not let facts get in the way. kid had a handful of good bcs offers, and both bc and uconn in his top 5. we have been hearing from bc fans since the spring that hes a bc lean. ok. we got 2 other kids at his position but still kept him on the radar recruit wise. hes a good player so at this point in our roster turnover we would take good players any chance we got. then he got hurt. a article not to long ago stated that a couple schools cooled off on him after he got hurt. he then took some visits south and has a top 3 without uconn. bummer, on to the next one. i just was wondering whats so funny about that. considering i have been very close to perfect with local kids bc is recruiting this year so far and gotten a lot of for some of those predictions, i am entertained by this thread. what bc fans don't know is that there is a kid up in there state playing fball right now who also plays on the dline and has more bcs offers than montgomery and we are in good shape with kinda like bc and montgomery. but its all good in boston im sure.

pj

Reaction Score
what bc fans don't know is that there is a kid up in there state playing fball right now who also plays on the dline and has more bcs offers than montgomery and we are in good shape with kinda like bc and montgomery. but its all good in boston im sure.

Dan, do you mean Hush if he has moved to Dean? On the other thread you just said we're done with dt recruiting except for Meant from Florida, so I'm guessing you're speaking ends, and I'm guessing it's JUCO.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, do you mean Hush if he has moved to Dean? On the other thread you just said we're done with dt recruiting except for Meant from Florida, so I'm guessing you're speaking ends, and I'm guessing it's JUCO.

yupyup

Reaction Score
Tevin worked for my company this summer and I got to meet him on two occasions. I want you all to know that I was really impressed with the kid. Very smart and humble for a big time recruit.

I talked to him at length about recruiting in August. He was very open about it and I appreciated that. Here are some key points from a conversation we had in the Bleacher Seats at Fenway.

- Right off the bat I asked him as a UConn Fan what he thought of UConn. He thought "Coach P was "cool" but that UConn was "dull" the weekend game he came to visit last fall. Not sure which game it was. Once I heard that, I didn't feel we were a big player in his recruitment.
- He was going/or had just visited Vanderbilt. We were talking with another childhood friend of his and they discussed how great it would be to play football at Vanderbilt on a full scholarship and go to such a great academic institution. You can't argue with logic like that. He also was going to visit UVA and Northwestern.
- He had just recently been offered by Missouri and was exciting about visiting them. When I sensed his excitement I asked if it was because they were the SEC, but his response was more "no, it's just way out there and it would be cool to see". This is when I had to stop and think, this is how 18 year olds think. Not the way that us diehards do.
- At the time, if I had to guess where he would end up, it would be at Vanderbilt, Northwestern or UVA.

Lastly, I asked about Jason Sylva. Sounds like once he verbally accepted his offer to UConn, he completely took his foot off the gas academically, which I find so weird at a school like Tabor Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom