OT: Test #556B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #556B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Andrew and Abby and Elsie the cow? Explain.

15..In the new marijuana industry women are underrepresented in management. The hit a____ _______.

16..A 50's flic, Superman and..?.

17..What came out of a 1954 meeting between Joseph Laniel and Buu Loc?

18..A 2017 best seller by John Grisham, ______ Island.

19..In what city is Juliet's balcony?

20..Elvis sings..? on ..? show and that marks the last time TV reveals his hips.

21..The 2 places undergoing lethal lava?

22..The Battle of Belleau Wood is part of which war?

23..______ Rogers Nelson

24..For my 8th birthday, I got a bike. It's one word brand(?) is also a country.

25.."Oh, see the fire is sweeping our very street today.
Burns like a red coat carpet..."

I shall make no responses while the French Open finals are on. For that matter, also not if a beautiful woman should visit me. You are duly warned.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
21. Hawaii and Guatemala
22. WWI
23. Prince

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
14. Borden's milk TV ad circa 1955

15. Grass ceiling

19. Verona, home to Montagues and Capulets

20. All Shook Up? Ed Sullivan, quite a stir at the time

21 Hawaii and Guatamala?

22. WW I, France

24. Columbia, a well built American bike in its day, positively stone age by today standards

Reaction Score
16. Superman and the Mole Men. I actually saw this flick at a Saturday matinee when I was a kid.
Don't think I'd care to see it again. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
14. Borden mascots
16. Metropolis(WAG)
19. Venice
20. Steve Allen
21. Hawaii and Guatamala
22. Civil War
23. Prince
24. Columbia

Reaction Score
16. I remember Superman and the Mole Men. Phyllis Coates as Lois Lane; a two parter on television.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
19.. Nowhere! There is no balcony in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.

21.. Hawaii and Guatemala

24.. Columbia

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
19..Verona?

21..Kilauea on the Big Island of Hawaii and Volcan de Fuego in Guatemala

25..Gimme Shelter, one of the Stones' finest moments

Last edited:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Well, you handled Elsie, but the 1st 2 names are untreated. They lived in Fall River, Ma. in late 19thC.

20..Not Steve Allen, not Ed Sullivan and not All Shook Up.

19..Ah, SVC, we do find one in many of the productions over the centuries.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet," as he wrote it, does not contain a balcony scene. Nor is the word balcony even mentioned in the entirety of "Romeo and Juliet." Furthermore I defy you to prove there was even a single balcony in England at the time Shakespeare wrote "Romeo and Juliet." Check with Big! So because some foolish director dared violate Shakespeare's original writing, you cannot say there is a balcony in "Romeo and Juliet." Perhaps you speak of Juliet Dello's balcony and the tourist con she runs in Verona. How much money did you pay to stand on Juliet (Dello's) balcony? :):rolleyes:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet," as he wrote it, does not contain a balcony scene. Nor is the word balcony even mentioned in the entirety of "Romeo and Juliet." Furthermore I defy you to prove there was even a single balcony in England at the time Shakespeare wrote "Romeo and Juliet." Check with Big! So because some foolish director dared violate Shakespeare's original writing, you cannot say there is a balcony in "Romeo and Juliet." Perhaps you speak of Juliet Dello's balcony and the tourist con she runs in Verona. How much money did you pay to stand on Juliet (Dello's) balcony? :):rolleyes:

Since I've apparently been tasked (not sure why), I looked it up. SVC is correct. According to balconette.co.uk:

In the UK, Juliet balconies date back to the late Georgian period when they were specified by architects to give grand homes a prestigious appearance.

That would put "Juliet balconies", which aren't true balconies, in the UK beginning around 1800. It appears that true balconies (those that jut out) came later.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
14. ah, so, Elsie the Borden Cow, and Lizzie Borden, the alleged matricide and patricide lumberjack.. "Lizzie Borden had an ax, gave her father forty whacks, when she saw what she had done, she gave her mother forty-one."

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Notice I never mentioned Shakespeare in the question. The popular view includes a balcony, which is why
many talented directors would include it. It plays better. And it does not hamper the question/answer process. Your blather is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing (since you wish to employ the Bard here).

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Notice I never mentioned Shakespeare in the question. The popular view includes a balcony, which is why
many talented directors would include it. It plays better. And it does not hamper the question/answer process. Your blather is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing (since you wish to employ the Bard here).

Oh! You mean the Romeo and Juliet not written by Shakespeare. Didn't know there was another. Did you dabble in politics at one time. Sounds like it.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
All I'm saying is keep your eyes on the prize, SVC. Other posters recognize the inquiry wans a city. You can be
tangent prone, not that the content is uninteresting.

Reaction Score
20. I recall seeing Elvis (full length) on the Dorsey Brothers TV show. I don't know if
that was the last full length performance on TV. At the time I was thinking, what the
heck is he doing. Shows I was uncool even as a kid too.

Last edited:

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Dogged starts things; Pinot the poetry chronicler finishes, so no whacks for either.

15..I wanted "grass ceiling" and doggone, dogged done did it.

16..Ed4 didn't know it, but I was 2 seats over. I even heard him "yelp" now and then.

17..Seems to me it's been a while, ine. Needed some time to find yourself, eh?

18..K9, on still another beach with the latest page turner.

19..Three gentlemen from Verona...and a lady too.

20..A second appearance on Milton Berle, with, "You ain't nothing but a..."

21..The Big Sextet having a hot time, blowing their stacks.

22..Game, dogged and pinot all, "Over there".

23..My childhood boxer was named Prince. Who could have guessed that...?

24..And yet. dogged, they market both a vintage and modern line today.

25..Hmmm, was Big thrown out of his housing?

I'm just giddy over your competence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom