Terry Larrier as a 2 guard | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier as a 2 guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was listening to the Kevin Ollie Coach's show with Joe D on 1080AM on my way back from work yesterday and someone brought up a question about Terry Larrier. KO answered that Terry could do just about everything well; rebound well, shoot well, run well, jump well and that the coaches are working with him to improve his handle so that they could also put him in the 2 spot.

I know KO doesn't really believe in positions so when KO says that he wants TL to be able to slide to the 2 on occasion next year, I can't help but think that if Dham returns next year (which at this point I think would be best for him but things are still too early) we will see a lineup that contains TL and Dham on the floor at the same time.

If that is the case I think we could see a lineup of:

1. Adams
2. TL
3. DHam
4. KFacey
5. Brimah

That would be a very tall and athletic lineup and would be a lot of fun to watch.

The reason why I have not included Purvis is because there are rumors that Purvis is intent on leaving after this year to try and play pro, and the fact that Ollie wants TL to be able to play the 2 may mean that the coaches are preparing for Purvis early departure and that they may use TL to fill up some of the minutes from Purvis' departure. Personally I would love to see Purvis come back one more year as a senior.

(And before some smart a** says something like "how about we focus on this year until its over," remember this is a fan forum we have threads on guys we are recruiting for 2018! Nothing that we post or discuss has any bearing on this years team. This is all just for fun. As a program we have an exciting present and future!)

Reaction Score
My guess on next years starting 5:

Combo G1. Adams
Combo G2. Gilbert
SF. Terry
PF. Juwan Durham if healthy or Kface/Mama
C. Brimah

**I don't want myself to be disappointed if Dham leaves so I'm looking at this as his last season, and enjoying every second of him dominating all facets of the game. He's truly one of the most under-appreciated players in the country. That said hopefully he pulls a Melo Trimble and comes back.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Amazing, 1st I've heard there is a coaches show. Good to know.

Hopefully Larrier comes out the gate faster than the Ferrari! Badump bump

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I really hope Larrier doesn't see significant time at the 4. Versatile, small ball is cool but if the combination isn't perfect then it leads to more problems than solutions.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I really hope Larrier doesn't see significant time at the 4. Versatile, small ball is cool but if the combination isn't perfect then it leads to more problems than solutions.

So between you and champs, Larrier is a shoo-in for the three.

Reaction Score
Don't see Facey starting. By next season Enoch could be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
1. Adams
2. TL
3. DHam
4. KFacey
5. Brimah

That would be a very tall and athletic lineup and would be a lot of fun to watch.

Very tall and athletic? Yes. Fun to watch? I don't think so. That lineup would struggle big-time to generate offense since they'd effectively be playing 3 on 5, and the two bigs would clog up driving lanes for everyone else.

If Hamilton leaves, Larrier slides immediately into his spot at the 3.

If Hamilton stays (e.g. in your scenario), Larrier either starts at the 4 or gets bench minutes at the 3/4.

Larrier won't be playing the 2, even if Purvis is gone. It'll be Adams/Gilbert/Cassell/spring-signing at the 1/2.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Larrier has honest skills to be Deandre Daniel with a slightly better handle.

He has 28-30 min available next season.

Reaction Score
I completely agree with you. Adams, Larrier, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah will be our best starting 5. This lineup will give us tremendous size and versatility. Gilbert will be the first off the bench.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Adams
Purvis
DHam
Facey
Brimah

*Larrier won't start over a senior Purvis

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is Vance Jackson going to get playing time, isn't he supposed to be a sharpshooter?
Maybe if DHam is not back.

Reaction Score
Was listening to the Kevin Ollie Coach's show with Joe D on 1080AM on my way back from work yesterday and someone brought up a question about Terry Larrier. KO answered that Terry could do just about everything well; rebound well, shoot well, run well, jump well and that the coaches are working with him to improve his handle so that they could also put him in the 2 spot.

I know KO doesn't really believe in positions so when KO says that he wants TL to be able to slide to the 2 on occasion next year, I can't help but think that if Dham returns next year (which at this point I think would be best for him but things are still too early) we will see a lineup that contains TL and Dham on the floor at the same time.

1. Adams
2. TL
3. DHam
4. KFacey
5. Brimah

The reason why I have not included Purvis is because there are rumors that Purvis is intent on leaving after this year to try and play pro, and the fact that Ollie wants TL to be able to play the 2 may mean that the coaches are preparing for Purvis early departure and that they may use TL to fill up some of the minutes from Purvis' departure. Personally I would love to see Purvis come back one more year as a senior.

(And before some smart a** says something like "how about we focus on this year until its over," remember this is a fan forum we have threads on guys we are recruiting for 2018! Nothing that we post or discuss has any bearing on this years team. This is all just for fun. As a program we have an exciting present and future!)

1. Adams
2. TL
3. DHam
4. KFacey
5. Brimah

DO NOT expect a guy to sit a season, and then step right in and produce. AKA Purvis last season.

Reaction Score

1. Adams
2. TL
3. DHam
4. KFacey
5. Brimah

I see Larrier as much closer to a 2 than a 4. But can he handle and shoot it enough to be a 2? I would think playing the 3 would be a much more natural position for him. If Hamilton is on the team next year I would think Larrier is the 3 behind him with some minutes as a 2 in big lineups and some minutes at the 4 in small lineups. If Hamilton declares I would guess Larrier would be the starting 3 unless Purvis stays which would make things interesting with Adams and Gilbert on the team. Wow a great debate to get to discuss given the talent available.

Reaction Score
If we want to get long and rebound better, love to see Enoch get some time at the four.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't see Purvis playing in the NBA, but I wouldn't be shocked if he left to try to make the league and settled into the D-League or went the Europe route.

Reaction Score
Larrier is not a 2 and will not play the two. He is an extremely athletic 3, who is taking a year to develop a lot of the skills he lacks. Hes the opposite of dham who is not so athletic compared to other players, but is highly skilled. But skills can be developed, whereas much of athleticism is genetic. So in my opinion larrier has the higher ceiling.

Definitely not a 2 at this level. Only at the next if he becomes a much better shooter. Our team would have no handling if he was at the 2. Especially with dham gone (I'm putting my money on him gone)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You don't think we'll see Enoch and Brimah on the floor at the same time? Would be nice to redshirt the kid this year if so.

The way Brimah's going, I wouldn't be surprised if Enoch took a decent chunk of his minutes by the end of the year.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not this again...

I'm not saying it's definitely going to happen, but Enoch definitely has a lot of talent, and Brimah clearly hasn't progressed to where we'd hoped he would. It would take Brimah continuing to be inconsistent and Enoch really breaking out, but it's definitely a possibility in my eyes. Probably not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom