OT: - Terrence Shannon Jr | The Boneyard

OT: Terrence Shannon Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
found not guilty, honestly shocked this case went to trial given the details that came out

People on this board were saying horrible things about him and I kept telling them over and over he didn't do it and asked if they would have the same energy for the accuser that they had for him once it's proven he didn't do it. Bill Self knew it was bogus from the very beginning and went to bat for Shannon behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
I was glad he forced Illinois to await due process. And, apart from running into the Castle, he was pretty damn near unstoppable. Often looked like the most exciting player to watch.

I had a feeling he was innocent - given how hard he was fighting. There are more false allegations of these sorts than any of the “believe all women” crowd care to acknowledge.

Reaction Score

The texts between the victims and her friend were pretty damning
Sounds like he is more the victim.

Reaction Score
She should be tried now
Absolutely. She is a vile human being who should be outed publicly. Outside of it involving children that is the most heinous thing a man could be falsely accused of. She doesnt realize that all shes doing is making things more difficult for true victims to come forward which is already a horrendous problem. I recently read that up to 90% of actual assaults go unreported. That is a sickening stat yet you have utterly classless, pieces of trash like this fool running around making false accusations like its a game. Im disgusted! Hawk Toowy!!!

Reaction Score
I didn't realize Arterio Morris was in the room that night and had apparently done something similar to a girl 2 weeks before in that same location (in addition to the main allegation that got him kicked off the team). The defense smartly tried to pin it on him.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
People on this board were saying horrible things about him and I kept telling them over and over he didn't do it and asked if they would have the same energy for the accuser that they had for him once it's proven he didn't do it. Bill Self knew it was bogus from the very beginning and went to bat for Shannon behind the scenes.
It’s why these situations are always tricky and I try not to touch on them until the details come out.

Sucks for him to have to go through a season of people falsely calling him a rapists but for what it’s worth he seemed to do a great job of handling everything. Until he ran into us anyways.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I don’t remember who said what, but I’ve liked Shannon since Tech and I never once thought he should have been held out.

I’m very happy I can keep rooting for him with no cloud of moral guilt. Being a lefty SG, I’ve liked him for awhile.

I’m simply saying that to say I think I’m better than many people on this board.

Reaction Score
Around the time of the Illinois game there were a few members of UConn twitter that were brutal with the TSJ is a rapist narrative towards Illini fans. Not a great look for us.
I'll also add that, in general, it's probably not healthy for sports fans' to use something like this as fodder for trash talk/engagement. It's somewhat insulting, I think, to the victim/survivor even when the allegations have merit. "Sorry about the monstrous thing he did to you, I'm going to try to distract him at the foul line for you."

But these, of course, are not UConn specific problems.

Reaction Score
I was glad he forced Illinois to await due process. And, apart from running into the Castle, he was pretty damn near unstoppable. Often looked like the most exciting player to watch.

I had a feeling he was innocent - given how hard he was fighting. There are more false allegations of these sorts than any of the “believe all women” crowd care to acknowledge.
Actually there are a lot more unreported cases and cases that aren't brought because they are so hard prove than there are false allegations of which there are very few.

I am not defending those that make false allegations in any way, and they contribute to the victims being afraid to speak up for fear of not being believed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom