Terp fan perspective | The Boneyard

Terp fan perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First, welcome to Byrd stadium. Going to be a nice weather weekend, great tailgating and good football. I will stay away from predictions as not trying to stir the pot but simply share information and talk football. Also, will not talk RE as it gets exhausting. Obviously, you have a good one in D. Brown. He was by far a fan favorite. 1st year we died many quick deaths but in year 2 he created havoc and our D was fun to watch.

A little about the Terps.
1. Finally healthy. While CJ is out all year, we are only down Tate but he missed most of last year and is not due back until next week.
2. Strength - front 7 on D. Both go 2 deep at all positions
3. Strength - WR's. Senior depth and 2 young stars. Diggs was 5* recruit who is not disappointing but many would suggest Leak is just as talented.
4. Weakness - Pass coverage. Not sure if talent, scheme or injury. We return our starting safety this Saturday and a key CB returns. Both were injured in spring ball.
5. Weakness - Turnovers. 3 ints by freshmen qb but all were 1st half of 1st game. 4 fumbles by 2 true freshmen rb's. We will line up a true freshmen qb, rb and wr at points in the game.
6. Strength - talent. While those freshmen have made their share of mistakes with turnovers, they were all highly recruited atheletes and have talent.
7. Unknowns - starting rb who was injured in fall ball is due back this week.
8. Crowd size. Momentum is building again but fell sharp after 2-10 season.
9. Scary thoughts - Freshmen qb agains mad scientist D. Brown.

For those coming to game, tailgating happens in 3 key areas. Lot 1 which is by the soccer fields. Can't park there unless you have permit parking. Fields by comcast. Paid spots and great. Regents parking garage.

If you wake early, suggest making way to Bentleys for breakast and then heading to the game.

Enjoy and safe trip.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's going to be the key right there. That, and : Can the UConn offense score any points. Lots of concerns on our O-Line.

Can't wait to get in the car first thing tomorrow morning and start heading down!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the post delterp. Should be an interesting game to say the least. I'll give a much briefer breakdown of UConn
strength - defense. Held UMass (I know, I know) to under 60 yards total offense, and Held NCSU to approx. 250, but only 1 really effective play (which happened to be the difference in the game (46 yard TD). Solid DL play, fast DE's our LB's are first rate and the md scientist (as you call him) has them running pretty wild, solid secondary.

Strength - special teams. Solid kickers so far, good coverage, and a dangerous return man if he's kicked to.

Weakness - offense. OL struggling to gel, suspect play calling, no real rhythm or feel on that side of the ball. I don't know where the points are going to come from on O based on the first 2 weeks.

If you gamble, bet the under. This could be another 10-7 type game. My prediction was 4-3 UConn, on 2 safety's.

Reaction Score
Interesting for me...your qb looks good on film. Makes me wonder about the speed of the game which would suggest he improves as the games go on.

Reaction Score
Interesting for me...your qb looks good on film. Makes me wonder about the speed of the game which would suggest he improves as the games go on.
what film did you watch? he looked abysmal against nc state.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
He has okay throwing motion I am told, he just has a tendency to ignore the four defenders around the receiver.

Reaction Score
maybe this will be our passing game's coming out party. If Maryland's weakness is their pass defense, we sure as hell better pass on Saturday. If we spend 3 quarters of the game setting up the play action that never comes like we did last week, I think we should fire Deleone and replace him with a potato.

Reaction Score
First, welcome to Byrd stadium. Going to be a nice weather weekend, great tailgating and good football. I will stay away from predictions as not trying to stir the pot but simply share information and talk football. Also, will not talk RE as it gets exhausting. Obviously, you have a good one in D. Brown. He was by far a fan favorite. 1st year we died many quick deaths but in year 2 he created havoc and our D was fun to watch.

A little about the Terps.
1. Finally healthy. While CJ is out all year, we are only down Tate but he missed most of last year and is not due back until next week.
2. Strength - front 7 on D. Both go 2 deep at all positions
3. Strength - WR's. Senior depth and 2 young stars. Diggs was 5* recruit who is not disappointing but many would suggest Leak is just as talented.
4. Weakness - Pass coverage. Not sure if talent, scheme or injury. We return our starting safety this Saturday and a key CB returns. Both were injured in spring ball.
5. Weakness - Turnovers. 3 ints by freshmen qb but all were 1st half of 1st game. 4 fumbles by 2 true freshmen rb's. We will line up a true freshmen qb, rb and wr at points in the game.
6. Strength - talent. While those freshmen have made their share of mistakes with turnovers, they were all highly recruited atheletes and have talent.
7. Unknowns - starting rb who was injured in fall ball is due back this week.
8. Crowd size. Momentum is building again but fell sharp after 2-10 season.

For those coming to game, tailgating happens in 3 key areas. Lot 1 which is by the soccer fields. Can't park there unless you have permit parking. Fields by comcast. Paid spots and great. Regents parking garage.

If you wake early, suggest making way to Bentleys for breakast and then heading to the game.

Enjoy and safe trip.

Thanks man. Nice post. Always nice to get a scouting report like this for the opposing fan base.

Reaction Score
Also appreciate it. Always nice to connect with a credible competitor/fan. Enjoy the game...just not too much. Look for the big Jonathan shirt and I'll buy you a drink at the Marriott after the game (and UConn win).

Reaction Score
Hey DelTerp, I have another question for you. I don't know exactly what section we have seats in but it's the UConn section or right next to that. Are those benches or seat backs? If benches, do they rent stadium seats at the stadium? I'd rather do that than stuff 6 stadium seats into our van. Taking an extra cooler is better use of the space. Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom