Tequila Sunrise | The Boneyard

Tequila Sunrise

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In the rotation on Encore this month.

This is a really, really good cop movie despite carrying a lot of 80's baggage. Too many montages and the soundtrack is brutal. I can't figure out where the R rating came from, because the s e x scene, while drawn out, is just a lot of splashes of Gibson and Pfeiffer, or their body doubles, coming out of or going into water. There is a medium sized plot hole near the end, which is surprising for a movie that is as tightly written as this one.

While not a Kurt Russell fan, I thought he was excellent in this movie. J.T. Walsh was awesome as the DEA agent, and Raul Julia and pre-crazy Mel Gibson were always great. Michelle Pfeiffer's twists are completely credible up to the last point where she gets into some trouble. Towne didn't segue that scene as well as he could have.

Overall, very much worth the watch.

Reaction Score
I watched Stakeout last week with unlikely pairing of Dreyfus and Emilio Estevez. It was surprisingly good and successful at the time and it holds up with the 80's cheesiness somehow adding to the watch ability. I think the awful sequel they made (I've never seen it) burned the goodwill the first movie had.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom