Tennessee settles sexual assault lawsuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
in this Tennessee lawsuit it is... #stayingontopic

Reaction Score
Look into the two lawsuits that Peyton Manning had to settle out-of-court because of his time at Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Look into the two lawsuits that Peyton Manning had to settle out-of-court because of his time at Tennessee.

It wasn't "his time at Tennessee" that forced Manning to "settle." It was his actions.

Just unacceptable that Tennessee admits no guilt. The university is guilty as sin! And to quote the amount of money they've spent on legal fees, and how much they would have to spend to contest the lawsuit, as if money means more than the safety and health and dignity of the half or more of the student population that is female. Well, it's shameful.

Sad that we are celebrating the accomplishments of Pat Summit in advancing women's sports, and by doing so, advancing the dignity and status of all women, while the university where she accomplished those feats is playing legal games to avoid taking responsibility for creating a hostile environment for women.

A struggle still being fought.

Reaction Score
Look into the two lawsuits is what I said. The lawsuits resulted from his actions. You really had to make that statement. Stating the obvious. There would be no lawsuits unless Peyton's actions caused someone to file a lawsuit. I happen to know the woman who brought the lawsuits, although I haven't seen Jamie in a while. She used to live in Lakeland, FL, which is where I live. For a time she was my massage therapist. Fairfield Fan, thanks for stating the obvious. No one else thought to do that.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Civil trials are crushingly expensive for all concerned. Less important, but also true is that they drag out the pain and drag on for what seems like forever. While nobody wins with a settlement, and nothing gets proven, settlements occur when both parties agree on at least one thing, that being the stoppage of expense and continual negativity. They do it because it's in their perceived self interest. It's somewhat odd that those outside the litigation may somehow feel cheated when "their" case or their pet issue doesn't get its day in court.

I could be wrong, but mine are just the thoughts of one person who just settled out of court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom