Tennessee goes down to unranked Virginia in OT 69-64 | The Boneyard

Tennessee goes down to unranked Virginia in OT 69-64

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
what a stunner. Tennessee will drop for sure in the polls. probably stay in the top 10 still but... bad bad loss

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Oh what a great surprise. Im smiling from ear to ear.
really tony? i can't imagine why. how far do you think they drop?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I agree... a unranked loss isnt good for any Top Ten team

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tennessee looked like world beaters against top 10 Miami. then they go out and play like this. Sure Baugh didn't play (weren't tennessee fans telling us that she was not only 100% but was going to be a force in the post? it is a team filled with all americans. does UVA even have one AA? or one potential AA? as great as the Miami performance was, this one is totally the opposite...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
aagp6h.gif

A HUGE scalp for the ACC.....

I was in a bad mood after my Carolina Panthers loss.... but this kinda makes up for it

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Don't be surprised if UT doesn't fall 10 slots. Rankings inertia always works for the established teams and against the newbies.
i agree. regardless of what happens to UCONN-Stanford, i can see them falling behind Baylor, UCONN, ND, Stanford, A&M and Duke. and maybe maryland. the lowest they will be is 8 IMHO... even tho it was a really bad loss.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I love it!!! That group of seniors was over-ranked. They have never lived up to their billing.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I said it preseason TN was not a top 5 team. With all those seniors, all those AAs and UVa an unranked team beating them. There are no excuses this is a very bad TN team for what ever reasons. Something is definitely wrong with the team. I think TN drops to 7/8 in the polls and after UConn wins tomorrow night theyre number 2 which sets up for Uconn Baylor

Reaction Score
Maybe now we can stop hearing from Vol Fans that Tennessee is on a mission!

Reaction Score
I love it!!! That group of seniors was over-ranked. They have never lived up to their billing.
Hey, it's only one game. I have to admit I'd like to see a lot more just like it though, before Tennessee drops out of the Top 25.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, they have the same players that are under coached and cannot shoot outside of 10 feet. Tenn has a ton of talent that has been going to waste every year. Watch on Monday how Geno changes in game better than any coach in America. Good night Stanford.........Stanford will put a beating on The Lady Vols next month..

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, they have the same players that are under coached and cannot shoot outside of 10 feet. Tenn has a ton of talent that has been going to waste every year. Watch on Monday how Geno changes in game better than any coach in America. Good night Stanford.........Stanford will put a beating on The Lady Vols next month..
Check out the box score. Massengale 2 points, Simmions 3 points. Not gonna win many games when your potential AA back-court combines for 5 points.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Check out the box score. Massengale 2 points, Simmions 3 points. Not gonna win many games when your potential AA back-court combines for 5 points.

And 11 turnovers.

Massengale committed 7 turnovers and didn't play well at all, but she at least made some plays to help her team. Simmons was just a non-factor. She sat a lot in the 2nd half and it seemed like once again her shot selection was the issue.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Gotta give Pat credit, though, she isn't as in love with Simmons this year.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's next game is one week from today against Baylor. If Tenn wins then they can redeem this bad loss. But if they lose they then will be 2-2 for the season.

TC

GG

Reaction Score
Unlike our friends from down South, I am going to show restraint despite the outrageous and inappropriate things many of Tn.'s fans say about our team. I think it is too early in the season to crown a winner, but Baylor certainly looked very good today. Tn has time to improve, as does every other team. But a loss to an unranked team, albeit a good one, is not the way any top 5 teams wants to start the season.

Reaction Score
As a father and now as a grandfather I always teach my kids and grandkids to never root against anyone. I always thought rooting against was teaching them a form of negativity or bitterness or even hatred. Just root for your own team.

However, in the case of the Lady Vols I have come to realize that even the most noble principles have to be abandoned at times.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
And 11 turnovers.

Massengale committed 7 turnovers and didn't play well at all, but she at least made some plays to help her team. Simmons was just a non-factor. She sat a lot in the 2nd half and it seemed like once again her shot selection was the issue.
Tennessee was counting on Massengale not playing like a freshman and Simmons making a big sophomore leap. Massengale is a freshman, and Simmons hasn't made that leap. Massengale with have terrific games and mediocre ones like every talented freshman PG. And we'll have to see about Simmons. She's intense and competitive, but inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom