Tennessee blowing away ETSU | The Boneyard

Tennessee blowing away ETSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tennssee is blowing away ETSU 16-18 6:05 in the 2Q.

The empire will strike back harder very soon.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Tennssee is blowing away ETSU 16-18 6:05 in the 2Q.

The empire will strike back harder very soon.
I'm watching on ESPN3 right now and it isn't pretty but it's better than what I saw vs Texas. I gotta give Holly credit she is atleast over on the bench yelling. It does look like they practiced some between games. That's promising I guess.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Also, they are pulling away in the 2nd half so great news for the orange!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Against who?
Everyone is so--- enthusiastic that they beat a team that lost to Elon, Appalachian State, Eastern Kentucky.

OK, a win is a win
And Diamond is a baller.
But beating a Junior High School team is no cause for celebration.

Reaction Score
I saw this game..... tough to give LVs any credit, other than that they won the game.... ETSU had many turnovers .... well over 30 I think... and were unable to get ball out of backcourt on regular basis....... had injuries as well..... you would think TN would have won by 70.... they should have..... Izzy was announcing and said ..... that only half of LV shots were good shots.... Holly said at halftime that she was not happy, and her team needed to show much more "energy and heart" as she always says..... as of early in 4th quarter LVs had outscored inferior ETSU team in paint 48-0..... hard to put the lipstick on the pig..... but if they are happy with it..... OK....

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I know ETSU was out matched. So I don't know that any one is celebrating a big win. I do think some good did come from this game. Yes I know it's easier than playing a really good team. Positives from this game. Cooper 23 points I think she is getting better. Diamond getting back more into rhythm of playing and getting healthy. The DeShields and Cooper combo. The defense the press and creating turnovers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ya Cooper was OK, also saw her put up at least a couple of really silly shots..... Diamond may have to take over this team..... If i was a LV fan, I would want Mercedes to assume a more DOMINANT role...... and one more thing..... Diamond and Mercedes were still on floor at end of game.... in 35 pt game, do not know why..... I am not coach though

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Ya Cooper was OK, also saw her put up at least a couple of really silly shots..... Diamond may have to take over this team..... If i was a LV fan, I would want Mercedes to assume a more DOMINANT role. and one more thing..... Diamond and Mercedes were still on floor at end of game.... in 35 pt game, do not know why..... I am not coach though

For a team that needs to find some consistency in playing together, they should be on the floor. We need all the practice we can get building team chemistry.

Reaction Score
Yes VFL I defer to you..... you normally have pretty good sense.... just seemed odd not subbing out at end...... one thing 4 sure.... LVs have bunch of work to do.... saw both UT and DePaul tonite.... TN didn't look like a #8 and DePaul certainly didn't look like a #23!!!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I cant wait for the Margo video of this game

Reaction Score
Holly said in her post game presser, she stopped coaching after the first quarter because she was frustrated with her team's effort. I don't know what to say.

Reaction Score
Holly said in her post game presser, she stopped coaching after the first quarter because she was frustrated with her team's effort. I don't know what to say.

Very true..... left coaching to the assistants for the entire rest of the game..... it says something about CHW if this drama is needed to send a message to the team..... for my thinking she never has had their ear..... per previous player's comments, and Holly's own comments re: how the team does not want to do certain things in practice...... it is all pretty nuts......

Reaction Score
When did she start coaching the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro