Tennessee beats Texas in ot | The Boneyard

Tennessee beats Texas in ot

Reaction Score
Love the grit and the never give up mentality. Only can imagine what this team can accomplish when Rae returns. We must remain consistent! LGLV!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And we’re missing our All American Candidate…and Suarez… soooo
Yes, he already said Burrell was missing. Hence my phrase "as well".

Reaction Score
So he gets to say who TN was missing, but I can't say who TX was missing? Just trying to understand your rules so I can follow them strictly.

Not my board to make the rules. That’s your job. Anyhow, great win for the Vols! I just love how we were considered the underdog and Texas was missing two starters.. JMO..

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not my board to make the rules. That’s your job. Anyhow, great win for the Vols! I just love how we were considered the underdog and Texas was missing two starters.. JMO..
FYI it's not my job because I'm not one of the moderators.

I'm not certain Tennessee should've been viewed as the "underdog" today, but if so it's only because Texas did beat Stanford (with all their starters playing).

Congrats on the fine win.

Reaction Score
FYI it's not my job because I'm not one of the moderators.

I'm not certain Tennessee should've been viewed as the "underdog" today, but if so it's only because Texas did beat Stanford (with all their starters playing).

Congrats on the fine win.
Why thank you. Likewise on UCONN’s win earlier today.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Warren should maybe think about her future.
Let me guess, she got her bell rung again? Didn't watch this game, but she's always been a concussion magnet since her freshman year under Aston.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee plays pretty good defense. I am not worried about the offense. Puckett will have a nice career. Horston and Key played big today. I just hope no more injuries happen.

Reaction Score
I watched the entire thing and didn't really know who I was rooting for at times lol. LV showed a lot of grit today and TX got cold at the wrong time. Some of the calls down the stretch tended to favor Tennessee but Texas had chances and missed some crucial shots.

Both teams will probably be better in March than now. Vic has Texas headed in a good direction. Harper may not ever get to a FF or win a NC but the program has made progress on her watch verses the Warlick days.

Not that it's a big deal but why was Catchings honored? She's my all time favorite player for the LVs and one of the most enjoyable ones I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Let me guess, she got her bell rung again? Didn't watch this game, but she's always been a concussion magnet since her freshman year under Aston.
Sadly, it looks that way. I did notice she was wearing a device called the Q-collar which is supposed to help with concussions. I've seen it more with football players. Hoping it's helpful to her.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I watched the entire thing and didn't really know who I was rooting for at times lol. LV showed a lot of grit today and TX got cold at the wrong time. Some of the calls down the stretch tended to favor Tennessee but Texas had chances and missed some crucial shots.

Both teams will probably be better in March than now. Vic has Texas headed in a good direction. Harper may not ever get to a FF or win a NC but the program has made progress on her watch verses the Warlick days.

Not that it's a big deal but why was Catchings honored? She's my all time favorite player for the LVs and one of the most enjoyable ones I've ever seen.
It was to honor her Hall of Fame induction.

Reaction Score
Tennessee did a great job inverting their offense with J Horston. She lived at the end posting up the smaller Texas players and driving on them.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Lots of grit from Tennessee....huge win especially considering Burrell was out and they were finally able to manufacture some offense, against a very tough Texas team no less. Key and Horston came up huge. Solid start to the year with tough comeback wins against USF and Texas.

Texas will be fine. This will be a learning lesson for Vic's kids since they had this game won and choked it away with their inability to find a bucket all 4th quarter. After seeing Baylor today though, I think the Bears are the better team with Nalyssa Smith and more weapons offensively.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom