Tenn Putting Westbrook Behind Them | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tenn Putting Westbrook Behind Them

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Seems to me that it would have been more circumspect for Evina to have left the "Sorry not Sorry" out of her message. I understand how tough it had to have been for her to read Tenn fans on social media taking shots at her for that post-game answer about "off court stuff", but she should have let it go. I don't think there is any question but that it was a shot of sorts, albeit a pretty tame one, at the Tenn fans.

Per the Urban Dictionary:

"1) Typically used to signify that speaker does not care whether their behavior emotionally upsets someone . "

2) The term could also be used to acknowledge that the speaker's behavior could upset someone, but the speaker stands by their behavior. "

She could have meant #2 ala I know you won't like this, but I have to do this for me.

The definition could just as easily apply to many message board posters and bloggers, many of whom are considerably older than young Ms. Westbrook. Even our own fearless leader Geno is not one to avoid making the occasional snarky remark. I'd chalk it up to the exuberance of youth in her case.

Reaction Score
If you were 6, 7, 8 years old the last time UConn and Tennessee played of course you are aware of and understand the rivalry:rolleyes:..especially if you didn’t plan on going to Tennessee until you visited :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Look, hate is hate....

...By the way, the way, the picture of the two supposed Rednecks is inappropriate. These guys could also be from Middletown, CT.
OK I changed it. Sorry if I offended you. The guys in the new pic (video) are clearly Vol fans and it is highly unlikely they would be found in Middletown, CT (see post #26).

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Despite the bad coaching she got at UT, she simply made Tennessee a much better team. When she had to sit out against Miss St, the lady vols got hammered by 30 plus points, but when she was back for the sec tourny game it was much more competitive matchup with her in the linuep. I suspect Geno will turn her into an all american before her time is up. As a Tennessee fan myself, I'm not bitter about her transfer one bit and I think she made the absolute right choice by going to UCONN. She was never going to win a NC under Holly and she was def not going to be developed any further under Holly, and Harper is to much of an unknown, especially with her questionable coaching years at NCST. I don't blame Westbrook one bit...I wish her all the best and will be excited to see how she excels under her new hall of fame coach

Reaction Score
Despite the bad coaching she got at UT, she simply made Tennessee a much better team. When she had to sit out against Miss St, the lady vols got hammered by 30 plus points, but when she was back for the sec tourny game it was much more competitive matchup with her in the linuep. I suspect Geno will turn her into an all american before her time is up. As a Tennessee fan myself, I'm not bitter about her transfer one bit and I think she made the absolute right choice by going to UCONN. She was never going to win a NC under Holly and she was def not going to be developed any further under Holly, and Harper is to much of an unknown, especially with her questionable coaching years at NCST. I don't blame Westbrook one bit...I wish her all the best and will be excited to see how she excels under her new hall of fame coach
You can’t be a Tennessee fan. With all the stuff I’ve been reading, how is this possible?!! :eek:

Reaction Score
Not enough rust on the junker for it to be a New Englander.

what concerned me about this message is the sterotype that this message conveys about people in Tennessee which I do not believe is true anywhere. Nashville is the heart of Country Western Music which a lot of folks enjoy, Memphis is known for great BBQ and music, and Knoxville is a business and education center and the entrance to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. I live in Northeastern NM and don't want to be classified as a Cowboy whatever that is these days. (I was and still am a United States Marine). A lot of people I know who are my friends in Texas have a dim view of the people in Connecticut which is completely untrue.

I graduated UConn in 1964 and was stationed in Groton during the late 70's and 80's. If everyone could have served in the military, I think that we would have a more even view of everyone else no matter where we come from. Even me from Albuquerque.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think the LV fans were just looking for an excuse to hate her. "Sorry/not sorry" isn't a taunt. To me says that there are both positive and negative aspects to her leaving and it's time to move on. But to a lot of LV fans it's a black and white world and they represent white and UConn is the epicenter of evil black, using all sorts of despicable tactics.
Sorry @Alydar but in the language of today's youths "Sorry/not sorry" is a taunt. IMO Evina would have been better off saying nothing in this case and also in the case where she commented to a reporter about coaching changes at the conclusion of TN's season. There are good, better, worst ways to end any relationship this falls under the category of should have been better.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Sorry @Alydar but in the language of today's youths "Sorry/not sorry" is a taunt. IMO Evina would have been better off saying nothing in this case and also in the case where she commented to a reporter about coaching changes at the conclusion of TN's season. There are good, better, worst ways to end any relationship this falls under the category of should have been better.

It wouldn’t have mattered what she said, short of admitting she was crawling in bed with the Devil himself, that would have satisfied the angriest of Tennessee fans.

And as someone who is youth-ish (30 and working in a high school), I don’t see “sorry, not sorry” as taunting or instigating as many people have claimed it to be.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Horston is a great athlete. But she’s not a particularly great shooter and if she’s thrown into the fire as TN’s pg as a freshman, it’s going to be one tough learning curve.

She's a better shooter than Westbrook and I've always been a big fan of Evina, who will assuredly get better, but Horston does have a better offensive game. To be fair, I do believe Evina has played through tough injuries in the latter part of both of her seasons.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score

Well put. As Michelle Obama often says, "when they go low, you go high." Don't go in the gutter with the nutty fans that want to drag you there. Keep in mind, in the day of social media, some of them are just stirring the pot and are not even fans at all.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She's a better shooter than Westbrook and I've always been a big fan of Evina, who will assuredly get better, but Horston does have a better offensive game. To be fair, I do believe Evina has played through tough injuries in the latter part of both of her seasons.
While I think Horston has a tremendous upside, we are going to have to disagree on who’s a better shooter.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

I don't think you can truly make that comparison until she gets into SEC play and you look at their numbers side-by-side.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom