Ten years in a Row @Deepster! | The Boneyard

Ten years in a Row @Deepster!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So the Lady Huskies make it ten in a row going to the final four. Geno surpassed Summitt for most NCAA victories with the win and the women now have won 111 in a row. They trounced Oregon doing it. And that happened with KLS still in a shooting slump and Collier not having one of her better games. And yes I know she was terrific but it still wasn't one of her better games.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So the Lady Huskies make it ten in a row going to the final four. Geno surpassed Summitt for most NCAA victories with the win and the women now have won 111 in a row. They trounced Oregon doing it. And that happened with KLS still in a shooting slump and Collier not having one of her better games. And yes I know she was terrific but it still wasn't one of her better games.
Quietest 28-12 with 4 blocks I've ever seen

Reaction Score
I wonder why the men can't go to the Final Four 10 years in a row? Maybe KO should ask Geno for advice? Just sayin!!!!! @Deepster
Why settle for Geno when he has Chief at his disposal. After all, Chief was the one that came up w the brilliant strategy of MAKING recruits commit instead of hoping they do. He and he alone holds all the answers to what ails UConn men's basketball.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Why settle for Geno when he has Chief at his disposal. After all, Chief was the one that came up w the brilliant strategy of MAKING recruits commit instead of hoping they do. He and he alone holds all the answers to what ails UConn men's basketball.

Chief - Head Coach/Strength & Conditioning
Geno - Associate Head Coach
Ray Allen - Director of Basketball Administration

Nailed it!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I've been watching that HBO series, and the focus and dedication these kids have is pretty extraordinary.

Yeah. Ive been watching too. Its very impressive. Both the series and the team. Geno has created quite a culture there. And at this point (and I dont mean to minimize the unbelievable job he continues to do) it seems to self-perpetuate and feed on itself. The man has created a womens basketball ouroboros.

Reaction Score
Next year they add a 6'7" HS McDonalds AM transfer who was also AP Honorable Mention All-American averaged 18.9 points and 9.6 rebounds per game as a sophomore at Duke in 2015-16

They also add the #1 recruit in the nation. They lose a good but not amazing shooting guard to graduation.

This may not end for a long time.

Reaction Score
Hardooooo

In all seriousness, I know there was a thread last week and the girl's name was Kia because I thought it was initially about a car. Other than that, I can't name a single female player on any team in the country. And I'm not really sure if Kia was her first name or her last. Wasn't it like Diana Kia or Kia Tyson or something? I don't watch ESPN Sportscenter anymore. I mean, I guess if it was over, there'd be a half hearted "pep rally" or something that I might have seen on Channel 3, I guess.

Edit to add -- Just checked. Kia Nurse. Never would have gotten that one.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I know there was a thread last week and the girl's name was Kia because I thought it was initially about a car. Other than that, I can't name a single female player on any team in the country. And I'm not really sure if Kia was her first name or her last. Wasn't it like Diana Kia or Kia Tyson or something? I don't watch ESPN Sportscenter anymore. I mean, I guess if it was over, there'd be a half hearted "pep rally" or something that I might have seen on Channel 3, I guess.

Wow - that's amazing! You must really not be into women's sports!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Next year they add a 6'7" HS McDonalds AM transfer who was also AP Honorable Mention All-American averaged 18.9 points and 9.6 rebounds per game as a sophomore at Duke in 2015-16

They also add the #1 recruit in the nation. They lose a good but not amazing shooting guard to graduation.

This may not end for a long time.
You sell next years additions a little short. Not only do they add the monster Duke recruit, Azura Stevens, who could be one of the best players in the country they are also adding another transfer who sat out this year, the 53rd ranked target from 2015, Batouly Camara who should add depth. And along with the #1 recruit for 2017, they add another frosh who is in the top 15 and 2 more that are in the top 40.

Bottom line is they lose little and add a ton of talent. They basically played about 6 deep this year and next year they will be far deeper and will be able to do things they couldn't do this year like full court press and be more aggressive.

Geno is setup fantastic for the next 2 years at least.

Reaction Score

Cool story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom