Ten people (or groups) U of L can thank for its ACC party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The list should read like this...

1. Jeff Hathaway - UCONN's former AD who sat on his hands and did absolutely nothing to advance an athletic department that had, in his tenure, national championship caliber basketball programs (men's and women's) AND the fastest rising D-1 football program in the country. His uninspired hiring of Paul Pasqualoni delivered a clear message to the rest of the "Power" conferences that UCONN was not committed to building upon the success that the football program enjoyed while under Randy Edsall. The hiring of Pasqualoni not only set UCONN's football program in the predictable downward spiral that the majority of UCONN fans knew it would, but it also alienated UCONN from its biggest donor(s) and its fanbase (see in the dwindling attendance figures reported during Pasqualoni's tenure). As if that wasn't enough, also on his watch, UCONN's crown jewel program: men's basketball, did not meet minimum APR standards and was given a postseason ban in the very year that Louisville won a national championship. Jeff Hathaway deserves a HUGE "Thank You" card from Louisville fans.

2. Paul Pasqualoni - UCONN's former football head coach was every bit the failure that UCONN fans expected on the day of Jeff Hathaway's announcement that he would replace Randy Edsall. Amongst Pasqualoni's many poor decisions was the stubborn hiring (and subsequent retaining) of former Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach/Associate Head Coach George DeLeone. UCONN's bread and butter style: strong OL play and running game became a non-factor under DeLeone's tutelage and predictable play-calling. Losses against the likes of Temple, Buffalo, Western Michigan (twice), Syracuse, USF, and TOWSON highlight the ineptitude of the former coach. Even when former Huskies have gone on to be drafted in the NFL and have carved out successful careers as professionals, UCONN could still only manage 5, 5, and 0 wins under Pasqualoni before he was FINALLY replaced after an embarrassing blowout loss at Buffalo. A nice guy? Sure. But in this case, nice guys do finish last (or at least behind Louisville in ACC expansion).

3. Boston College - How this school carries so much weight in the ACC while being a mostly dead-weight to the conference is mind boggling. Their crown jewel program: hockey, isn't even a member of the ACC. But for whatever reason(s), the seeds of doubt that they have planted about UCONN's ACC resume have sprouted and spread like a bed of weeds throughout the conference. Had UCONN been invited into the ACC with Syracuse in 2011, as originally desired, then Louisville would have had to present their case for ACC inclusion against Pitt. While Pitt's athletic department has had its fair share of mishaps over the years, namely with finding a football coach for a tenure longer than 2 days/2 years, it's football program was in a better position in 2013 than UCONN's. Plus, Pitt could have argued its case more favorably amongst the ACC's "football schools" that adding Pitt would also add fertile PA football recruiting grounds. But that's not how the 2011 ACC expansion happened, as we all know. Boston College's successful smear campaign against a UCONN invitation led to the conference adding Pitt (under direction from ESPiN) and, because of #s 1 and 2 above, the timing tilted in Louisville's favor as Pasqualoni went to UCONN and Charlie Strong went to Louisville. In a dog eat dog world, it was these two "bird" schools that soared ahead.

4. Tom Jurich
5. Charlie Strong
6. Rick Pitino

Reaction Score

1. Jeff Hathaway ...

The Hathaway years truly were spent circling the drain (the one in the toilet, not the one in the sink). Next time I'm on a rant about Swofford, somebody please say, "Two words for ya, pal. His initials are Jeff Hathaway." Swofford is a god compared to Hathaway.

Reaction Score
But we DID get in...so perhaps instead of mocking Louisville, you should try and figure out what it was we did right and what it is you're doing wrong.
Since you like to ask so many questions smart guy I have a question for you...what happens to your precious athletic department when the SEC (that is Securities and Exchange Commission) comes knocking on doors in Louisville about the fraudulent info used to sell the bonds which built the KFC/Yum Center and guys like Jurich are looking at time in federal Prison?

Reaction Score
Rick "keep your eyes on your wife" Pitino and Bobby "ride my hog" Petrino

What AD and conference wouldn't be proud of those two?

Dooley

Reaction Score

When your school has a 76% acceptance rate and a slime ball like Bobby Petrino as head coach, it means ANYONE can go play football at Louisville. That includes all of the thugs that have been arrested and/or kicked off of SEC rosters. You have to ask, how much of a delinquent do you have to be to be kicked out of the SEC?? And whatever that level is, it STILL isn't bad enough to keep them out of Louisville Community College.

Reaction Score
Since you like to ask so many questions smart guy I have a question for you...what happens to your precious athletic department when the SEC (that is Securities and Exchange Commission) comes knocking on doors in Louisville about the fraudulent info used to sell the bonds which built the KFC/Yum Center and guys like Jurich are looking at time in federal Prison?
Yep. If you're Louisville, it's all fun and games until the SEC sends you a Wells Notice; then it's bend over, hold onto your ankles and kiss sweet fanny goodbye.

Reaction Score
Yep. If you're Louisville, it's all fun and games until the SEC sends you a Wells Notice; then it's bend over, hold onto your ankles and kiss sweet fanny goodbye.
Their fans can say what they want BUT Jurich and his boys are elbows deep in that mess...from the lease to the false revenue projections used to sell the bonds. The fact that UL can buy that arena for basically pennies on the dollar alone will bring the SEC to town when the bonds default.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

That's one I'd be careful throwing stones on.

Reaction Score
Yes UConn is really having tough times right now. Oh wait we just won another championship. Sorry it happens so often I lose track

Reaction Score
But we DID get in...so perhaps instead of mocking Louisville, you should try and figure out what it was we did right and what it is you're doing wrong.
Don't try this at home.

-B1G

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
That would be a better comeback had we not just won one ourselves the year prior (and drew better ratings, mind you)...and hadn't drummed you guys THREE TIMES this year. Louisville is literally the ONLY team that you're in no position to talk smack to, even WITH your title trophy in hand.

Your team was garbage this year (I saw you guys play more than any team other than UConn). There's a reason why Memphis and Kentucky (team UConn owned) kept beating you...you simply didn't have the talent or athleticism to keep up. You beat a better team in UConn because you had a great matchup, but know your place....you are, and always will be, UK's bitch.

Reaction Score
Jesus, if that's true then what the hell does that make YOU guys? Your national championship team couldn't even beat our "garbage team". Does that make you...OUR bitch?

At least we are not our cousins bitch

Dooley

Reaction Score
We can go 'round and 'round on this, kid. Your BCS team couldn't even beat our 5 win "garbage team". So get down and shine my shoes, b1tch.

Reaction Score
You guys are literally the only people on the planet that believes that nonsense and can't understand that UofL ISN'T to blame. The City may be screwed, but that's them. That's not UofL.

Tulane's building a new stadium. Houston's building a new stadium. Cincinnati's upgrading their stadium. Instead of focusing on your own problems and focusing on things you can do to make yourselves look better...you try and talk about how fraudulent everyone else is and you don't understand that you're making yourselves look worse. It's a strategy that's paying dividends though so keep it up.
Fact you should understand HOW SEC investigations work...Fact did Jurich had EVERYTHING to do with the lease language where it says UL gets the right to buy the KFC/YUM Center for pennies on the dollar if the bonds are defaulted on (if he didn't he is probably THE dumbest AD in the USA)...Fact Jurich INSISTED that UL be THE sole tenant there be no other tenant in the KFC/Yum Center, which prevented the possibility of pitching the arena as a home to a NBA franchise, which limited the amount of money that would be made and therefor allow the bonds to default...you say UL has the money to build their own arena on campus...why would they spend top dollar when they KNOW by the terms of their lease that they can buy the KFC/Yum Center for a fraction of building their own. It won't be if...but WHEN the SEC rolls into town they will be talking to anyone and everyone involved in the dealings to build that arena..INCLUDING the people who have been sent on their way with a "non-disclosure" clause in their settlement agreements to keep quiet. When they start waving around federal prison time people start talking and words start flowing faster than water over Niagara Falls. Gloat all you want...I will guarantee you that things will get ugly in Louisville. And you should REALLY take the time to read all the articles that are out there about the swindle UL and Jurich put on the bond holders with there lease at the KFC/Yum Center...that is if your UL/Community College education allows you to read never mind understand such articles. Take care now loser!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The fact that you kids still think Jurich is going to federal prison is hilarious! Does it help you sleep at night when you line up against Temple in football? I bet you guys have that Tulane game circled on the basketball schedule! Keep dreaming though. It's not going to happen...just like UConn getting out of the American!
You're still here?

pj

Reaction Score
The normal course would be for the stadium to stand as collateral for its bonds. Wouldn't surprise me if the ultimate outcome is for the defaulted bondholders to acquire the stadium and the lease with Louisville to be voided. When that happens, the building can take other tenants and Louisville's rent goes up dramatically.

Reaction Score
That's one I'd be careful throwing stones on.

huh...

Petino is a saint compared to Petrino. I just don't see anything comparable to that creep around UCONN. Jurich may rue the day he brought that guy back into the fold.

Reaction Score
The first person Louisville should thank is Jim Delany and the B1G. If the B1G did not add Maryland, there would not have been a spot available for Louisville to move up to the ACC.

Reaction Score
^ This I agree with. Louisville was a "but for" addition to the ACC. I would have preferred UConn, instead. There's still a chance, though small one now.

Reaction Score

4. Tom Jurich
5. Charlie Strong
6. Rick Pitino

I am also sure that 7) Mark Emmert and his Calhoun witch hunt had a lot to do with it, too, and, while I can't find any proof, I and sure that Emmert's twin, 8) Sepp Blatter, is somehow involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom