Ten most disappointing teams this season | The Boneyard

Ten most disappointing teams this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surprised UConn made this list considering they finished strong and did make the NCAA Tournament. Maybe they had really high expectations for this team and it didn't come close to realizing those.

Is Kevin Collie KO's evil cousin?

Connecticut (25–11, 11–7 AAC)

UConn missed the NCAA tournament in 2014–15—just one year after winning the national championship—but the program appeared poised for a deep tournament run this season. It returned a high-scoring backcourt in guards Daniel Hamilton and Rodney Purvis and added a hyped point guard signee in Jalen Adams. Plus, Seton Hall transfer guard Sterling Gibbs arrived with tons of potential. But a 9–10 record against top-100 teams had UConn on the bubble before it won the AAC tournament title. Coach Kevin Collie ‘s squad eventually earned a No. 9 seed in the NCAA tourney, but it had no business flirting with disaster on Selection Sunday in the first place.

Ten most disappointing teams this season, SI.com

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I always look on keyboard to see if the keys are next to each other or did the person not know how to spell the word. This is the latter.

Reaction Score
I am a glass empty kinda guy but i figured we were a top 15 team this year with Gibbs coming in and giving us a steady, scoring point and the maturation of DHam into a typically Husky star as a soph (+ lots of experience in Brimah/Nolan/Facey/Miller inside)Neither happened, esp the DHam part shooting 38% obviously.

I thought it was a very disappointing regular season with a nice finish that was a lot of fun (especially since I was at the AAC tourney!). These years we don't have enough ballhandlers are always really tough on me as a guard fan! Definitely count it as a disappointment with so much experience, but you can't go far without enough handlers and a star who lacks confidence. Can't wait for Rique/Jalen next year with a third recruit (Vital?/or 5th year guy?)

Reaction Score
Disappointing reg season that led to a bad matchup in Round 2. We were SI 12 preseason. I love to backup my team but there isn't much to be argued here except for the part about Lassie.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How can this year be considered anything else but disappointing? All those crappy losses. We let Temple steal the regular season. We never got it together, a nice run in Orlando notwithstanding.
Agree. The team never gelled. It had the parts but they couldn't put it together. It happens.

Reaction Score
I always look on keyboard to see if the keys are next to each other or did the person not know how to spell the word. This is the latter.
The editors removed a bad joke that UConn performed less like a Husky and more like a Collie, so the writer put it the intentional misspelling in to show the editor who is boss.

Just a dumb click-bait article though, Michigan State had a disappointing game not a disappointing season. I'm surprised they didn't put UNC on there since they were supposed to be a consensus #1 and be more dominate during the season (sarcasm).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I was disappointed, save for about 8 days

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This was a Sweet 16 level team. Win three more regular season games and we'd be looking at a 5/6 seed, avoid Kansas and have a good chance to make it. Disappointment, yes. Top Ten in the nation, not even close.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Article never would have needed to be written if we had a decent coach for the bigs.

Quite frankly, and I was just telling this to Coach Miller the other day, we need to replace our gymnastics coach with the Mountain from Game of Thrones and replace the first night intergender scrimmage with all-male intrasquad MMA fights.

Reaction Score
I agree. This year's season was disappointing.

Reaction Score
Can't understand how Maryland isn't No. 1. That was supposed to be a legit title contender.
They were right up there. It's crazy how they had like 0 players a few years ago to a loaded roster. UA $$???

Reaction Score
The regular season was disappointing. If we played as well in the regular season as we did in the post-season, we would have had a better seed and might very well have made the Sweet 16. But we didn't. Team took a long time to gel, and neither AB being out for 6 weeks nor Hamilton going through a stretch where he couldn't throw the ball into the ocean from a pier helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom