Temple's QB predictions vs UConn | The Boneyard

Temple's QB predictions vs UConn

Reaction Score
Marchi hasn't thrown more than 274 yards against anyone this year. However, I fully expect him to have a career day against us next week. I believe all UConn's opposing QBs and WRs have had career numbers playing against us.

My prediction: Marchi will throw for 457 yards and 4 TDs. Their best WR will have 163 yards and 3 TD. Thanks for coming in...

Reaction Score
Kid will have a HUGE chip on his shoulder for this game...I say 350+ yds passing/3 td's, 50+ rushing and he will throw a pick trying to force a pass going for the homerun

Reaction Score
Temple's whooped our butts badly last 3 meetings but if that wasn't enough, now we get to hear about their new QB's chip on his shoulder.

Yay.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
All I want is a win dangit. I fon't give a crap about his chip or any other thing.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Marchi was recruited by PP, offered and accepted a scholarship and did not get admitted into the school. He will want to play well.

Reaction Score
He'll throw for 300 plus yards, but our offense isn't too shabby either.. We cut back on the TOs we gotta chance to win this shootout... Throw out Home Field advantage when we play each other... We both suck... Should be a fun watch I think... Simply because this is a very winnable game for us... With that said, I like our chances....

Reaction Score
He'll throw for 300 plus yards, but our offense isn't too shabby either.. We cut back on the TOs we gotta chance to win this shootout... Throw out Home Field advantage when we play each other... We both suck... Should be a fun watch I think... Simply because this is a very winnable game for us... With that said, I like our chances....

Looked at Temple ability to shut down ECU offense last week, especially the run and don't see UConn putting up the 40+ points needed to win. Temple grinds out 1st downs, pounds with runs, attacks other teams QB and short part of field. UConn has handful of chunk plays on offense each game and then lot of clunkers for no gain, time of possession could be big problem for our defense if we average 20 seconds time of possession per offensive play as we did against ECU and Memphis. AAC opponents averaging 89 offensive plays per game to UConn's 69.
Would like a competitive game where opponent offense isn't headed north of 40 points before they shut it down. Temple has had offensive troubles with most any team not named ECU, unfortunately UConn's defense is most like ECU's.

Reaction Score
Looked at Temple ability to shut down ECU offense last week, especially the run and don't see UConn putting up the 40+ points needed to win. Temple grinds out 1st downs, pounds with runs, attacks other teams QB and short part of field. UConn has handful of chunk plays on offense each game and then lot of clunkers for no gain, time of possession could be big problem for our defense if we average 20 seconds time of possession per offensive play as we did against ECU and Memphis. AAC opponents averaging 89 offensive plays per game to UConn's 69.
Would like a competitive game where opponent offense isn't headed north of 40 points before they shut it down. Temple has had offensive troubles with most any team not named ECU, unfortunately UConn's defense is most like ECU's.

Keep in mind that ISU was +32 @ OK and won 38-31. I'm convinced we will steal another game this year. This is one of those that is on the short list of being possible.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that ISU was +32 @ OK and won 38-31. I'm convinced we will steal another game this year. This is one of those that is on the short list of being possible.

Boy I hope you are right, getting tired of wife asking me "why watch the game if you spend all your time yelling at the TV".

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don’t get why he’d have a chip on his shoulder. He was offered a scholarship and accepted it. It’s not UConn’s fault he didn’t have the grades to get in. That’s his own fault. It wasn’t like UConn overlooked him or anything. They wanted him to play for them. The kid couldn’t get his grades up. Not UConn’s fault.

Regardless, the kid will throw for Heisman worthy numbers and tack on 4-5 TDs. He’ll probably rush one in too for good measure

Reaction Score
My heart says yes, my brain says no. The following week against Tulsa. But if they win the next two, can you imagine the change in expectations?

Reaction Score
We might find a couple wins here & there. All teams have good days & bad days. You can't predict when key injuries will pop up either. Assuming the O stays consistent and they find a way to fix the defensive issues enough so that it's at least competent.

Let's not jump off a bridge because Memphis put up 70 against us. Their offense is very good and they were picked to win the AAC West division this year.

We hung in there after getting down by 20 to ECU, and should have at least sent it to OT if not for botching that FG.

We hung with SMU for 3 quarters and they gave us hope that they could pull off the upset until the wheels fell off.

We may not have the players we need yet to make this D work the way it needs to, but that doesn't mean the existing players can't get better at understanding what they need to do. And it doesn't mean the coaching staff can't make the adjustments necessary to put the players in the best position to be successful.

Seven games left. Season's not for nothing if there's still hope for improvement for this year & next year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My prediction: 2-4 threads about "why didn't we offer him" for the truly uninformed, and another 2 about "why couldn't admissions pull some strings."

Reaction Score
Not sure what minimum standards are for NCAA but sure seems like as vs. Temple that it shouldn't be that they accept a kid and UConn doesn't re academics given my impression that the schools aren't that far apart "in academia". Either it was a very close call and we both just came up with different choices or UConn is not competitive "accepting wise" with one of its main in conference foes (both recruiting and playing foe ). The later is not a good thing re football competitiveness (since don't know circumstances of this kid and the LB a few years back I'm not sure I would change UConn, just observe it must be a disadvantage).

Reaction Score
Not sure what minimum standards are for NCAA but sure seems like as vs. Temple that it shouldn't be that they accept a kid and UConn doesn't re academics given my impression that the schools aren't that far apart "in academia". Either it was a very close call and we both just came up with different choices or UConn is not competitive "accepting wise" with one of its main in conference foes (both recruiting and playing foe ). The later is not a good thing re football competitiveness (since don't know circumstances of this kid and the LB a few years back I'm not sure I would change UConn, just observe it must be a disadvantage).

Some background... Marchi Not Signing Wednesday

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Given what I’ve seen of this kid, if can’t come up with a couple INTs we may end the year with just one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Boy I hope you are right, getting tired of wife asking me "why watch the game if you spend all your time yelling at the TV".
I've posted this before, but when my dog was a puppy she used get panicked when I yell at the TV during games. ("What's happening? Is it the squirrels? I knew those bastards were trouble!") Now she just looks at me, sighs and goes into another room.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
maybe this is the game. The line is only 10 when it should be 20. It seems fishy. But nothing seems to point us gettig drilled, probably, 45-14

Reaction Score
Marchi is the least experienced QB we've seen this year so far. I'm hanging my hat on that in the hope that we can win in a shootout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom