Temple's Butts, Kia, Saniya and More | The Boneyard

Temple's Butts, Kia, Saniya and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Go Saniya ~~~I have confidence on you.

"I think Saniya is going to have a great year, I really do," Auriemma said, "I think she's going to surprise a lot of people. She knows that there isn't anymore of, 'It's OK, I'll get it next year,' or 'It's OK, they don't need me because they've got this, that.' She has been really good since the first day of practice and I'm really happy for her and I think she is going to really, really be a big key."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2017 Nancy Lieberman Watch List:
-----------------------------------------------
Lindsay Allen Notre Dame
Lexie Brown Duke
Loren Cagle Lipscomb
Jordan Canada UCLA
Meghan Creighton Drexel
Ashley Deary Northwestern
Makayla Epps Kentucky
Katelynn Flaherty Michigan
Caitlin Ingle Drake
Jessica January DePaul
Alexis Jones Baylor
Jackie Kemph Saint Louis
Jessica Kovatch St. Francis (PA)
Kelsey Mitchell Ohio State
Adrienne Motley Miami (Fla.)
Kia Nurse Connecticut
Brooke McCarty Texas
Alexis Peterson Syracuse
Kelsey Plum Washington
Sydney Wiese Oregon State

Reaction Score
Really good Charlie----

The quote of Geno about Sanyia--puts the lie to most of my postings about her-----I believed from what Geno didn't say when talking about the FOUR--never mentioned Chong--I made an ASS of me nOT U I assumed either she wasn't healthy or Geno wrote her off---

I offer this apology to ----Sanyia ChONG-- I've said this often this preseason--in GEnO I TRuST---Chong and Crystal and KIA are we loaded at the point///"/\????

Shame on me Ms Chong, shame on me..

Reaction Score
Really good Charlie----

The quote of Geno about Sanyia--puts the lie to most of my postings about her-----I believed from what Geno didn't say when talking about the FOUR--never mentioned Chong--I made an ASS of me nOT U I assumed either she wasn't healthy or Geno wrote her off---

I offer this apology to ----Sanyia ChONG-- I've said this often this preseason--in GEnO I TRuST---Chong and Crystal and KIA are we loaded at the point///"/\????

Shame on me Ms Chong, shame on me..
I think Sanyia is the #5 starter. Geno doesn't say such good words often.

Reaction Score
Geno has given her opportunities but none like this---
IF Geno says she has practiced well and impressed--that's high praise--indeed.
The wonderful thing about Saniya being ready and up to the task is;-------We need her in the early season more than later--she could give Crystal a lifes full of information about the point.. She and Kia shall mentor Crystal--wow!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Actually Geno said something identical 2 years ago.

“Saniya’s been unbelievable,’’ Auriemma said. “Moriah Jefferson’s been good, don’t get me wrong. But I would say of all the players that we have in the first eight or nine practices, Saniya’s been the best player that we’ve had. She goes hard all the time and every minute she gets better and better and better and better. We have a game Sunday. And unless something happens tonight’s practice, Friday and Saturday Saniya’s going to start because she’s been unbelievably good.’’

According to Auriemma, Chong Has Been The Best

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

“Saniya’s been unbelievable,’’ Auriemma said. “Moriah Jefferson’s been good, don’t get me wrong. But I would say of all the players that we have in the first eight or nine practices, Saniya’s been the best player that we’ve had. She goes hard all the time and every minute she gets better and better and better and better. We have a game Sunday. And unless something happens tonight’s practice, Friday and Saturday Saniya’s going to start because she’s been unbelievably good.’’

Yeah, I was going to say that too...but you had the quote
Praises her effusively pre-season and then once the games start...not so much.

But, no doubt, the young woman has talent.
Be great if she stepped up.

Reaction Score

Geno really likes Saniya. She has 2 chances before and this is the last chance.
She has all the talent but is lacking of the confidence. We will see how it is happening.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Geno has given her opportunities but none like this---
IF Geno says she has practiced well and impressed--that's high praise--indeed.
The wonderful thing about Saniya being ready and up to the task is;-------We need her in the early season more than later--she could give Crystal a lifes full of information about the point.. She and Kia shall mentor Crystal--wow!!
UCONN will need her late in the season also. She has experienced three years of NCs and her experience will be a welcome help to the team, Crystal has yet to experience anything close. If Saniya plays well this season she will probably be on the floor before Crystal come tourney time, imo.

Reaction Score
I don't think Geno's remarks about Saniya necessarily means she will start. After all, he could have said the same about Gabby last year, and, by-and-large she didn't start. Like Gabby last year, Saniya could have very high quality minutes this year, coming in to bring offensive energy. That would still comfortably fit Geno's aspirations for her....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saniya made important plays in the tightest game last season--the 10-point win over Maryland at MSG. She got a steal or two for quick points and nailed a corner three-pointer with us leading by only 4 in the last minute. If she's healthy and confident, she can be a major asset.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and MoJeff isnt around so, the challenge is real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads