Temple/UConn Score Prediction | The Boneyard

Temple/UConn Score Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Temples offense seems balanced with some really good play by QB - that has been UConn cryptonite over the years. We didnt do well with BYU Hill - not comparing the two.
Shaky in our secondary is a concern to me as well.

Its a shocker! Late TD and defense holds Temple at end of game.

UConn 27 Temple 23

#HuskyUp

Reaction Score
I'm just going to forget USF never happened. I liked what I saw vs. Boise and I think the fans will be into it. Here's hoping we punt on first down on the first possession and get off to the best start of the season. The D holds on for a Uconn 20, Temple 17 final score.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Oh geez. I have no friggin' idea. Will we punt on the 1st offensive play of the game? Is rain in the forecast? Will it be too sunny to throw the ball? Will we roll out a new formation that consists of 1 OL, 1 QB, and 9 RBs?

Seriously - I have no idea how our coaching staff will approach this game. I have no doubt that the coaching staff will try to win this game. I just don't have any idea just how they plan on doing that. For all I know, we might punt our offense altogether and ask our defense to not only stop Temple, but also to score points for us.

Temple wins: 24-13

Reaction Score
I agree with everyone else here. No idea of what Diaco is thinking. Expecting to lose to Temple, in my view, shows just how far this program has fallen,even given that Temple is improved this year. They beat us once, and always played it close, but UConn was ALWAYS expected to win. Not this week. Temple 27-UConn 10.

Reaction Score
Oh geez. I have no friggin' idea. Will we punt on the 1st offensive play of the game? Is rain in the forecast? Will it be too sunny to throw the ball? Will we roll out a new formation that consists of 1 OL, 1 QB, and 9 RBs?

Seriously - I have no idea how our coaching staff will approach this game. I have no doubt that the coaching staff will try to win this game. I just don't have any idea just how they plan on doing that. For all I know, we might punt our offense altogether and ask our defense to not only stop Temple, but also to score points for us.

Temple wins: 24-13

Like I said in a previous post, you are damaged goods. I'm praying Jesus is in the huddle and he has a plan...to bring back the Dooley we once knew.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Like I said in a previous post, you are damaged goods. I'm praying Jesus is in the huddle and he has a plan...to bring back the Dooley we once knew.

Please make no mistake - I will be a few CL Smooths deep and sans voice by halftime tomorrow. I am just having a VERY difficult time trying to get a read on this coaching staff and team. I love UCONN and have no doubt that this program is headed in the right direction. I just think this 2014 season has been full of wall mirrors and carnival side shows that I have never seen before and, thus, difficult to forecast and predict games.

I do think Temple is better than we are right now and that saddens me. Still think this is a winnable game...I just have no idea how our coaching staff plans on addressing the 5 - 300 lb elephants on our OL that can't seem to block.

Reaction Score
Golden, Addazio, Ruhle have continued the Temple program on an upswing. This is not the same Temple our grandparents knew.

UConn continues to make excuses for lack of offensive punch.

Temple 24
UConn 14

Reaction Score
I can't be at the game because of the UMass/ Bowling Green game, but my wife will be using the season tickets with a girl from her office. I kinda wish UMass was on the road this week because I'd like to be there when UConn rolls over Temple 31-13.

By the way, both my wife and I will be celebrating our school's wins by Saturday night!!!:)

Dooley

Reaction Score
I can't be at the game because of the UMass/ Bowling Green game, but my wife will be using the season tickets with a girl from her office. I kinda wish UMass was on the road this week because I'd like to be there when UConn rolls over Temple 31-13.

By the way, both my wife and I will be celebrating our school's wins by Saturday night!!!:)

Good luck against Bowling Green! This is the first game at the new on-campus stadium, eh? Post some pics if you feel like it.

Reaction Score
Golden, Addazio, Ruhle have continued the Temple program on an upswing. This is not the same Temple our grandparents knew.

UConn continues to make excuses for lack of offensive punch.

Temple 24
UConn 14
Yeah, it is...its not the same UConn program we had until 2011...

Dooley

Reaction Score
Temple stole our mojo? It's time to get it back.

Truth is, and I could be way off-base here, but I think Temple views the UCONN game as a "big" game. We took their Big East spot and then beat them a few years ago based on a questionable call. If I recall correctly, Temple's website even had a countdown clock for their 100 fans to exact revenge against UCONN at their place a year later. I don't UCONN has ever viewed Temple as being a "big" game whatsoever and when you have two programs with similar talent levels at many positions and one is playing MUCH more motivated than the other, that's usually a recipe for mojo stealing. I hope our guys are ready to play and put their hard hats on tomorrow. I would LOVE to get some "revenge" for Temple choosing to go into our student section in friggin' OVERTIME en route to beating us a few years ago. :)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
27-13 Temple. Puyol has a good day. 2/2 one from 40 and one from 48. Progress.

Reaction Score
24-17 Temple. int late will seal the deal. whit throws 3 picks, good game from newsome running with a 40 yard scamper to pay dirt. obi misses an assignment for a big play td, for the final td in the 4th. another close game, but bad teams find a way to lose.

Reaction Score
Sunny & warm tomorrow - no weather excuses for not passing. We need to play a good, complete game (no backbreaking turnovers) and win it in the worst way. Tomorrow's a good day to start.

UConn 20 Temple 17

Reaction Score
Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UConn 24
Temple 14

Whitmer throws 200+ yards, 2 TDs (1 throw, 1 scramble)

Reaction Score
UConn: 42
Temple: 8

DeLorenzo and Newsome each get 100+. OL dominates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom