Temple to the BE for 2012? | The Boneyard

Temple to the BE for 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rutgers is expected to fill one of the openings on its schedule with a game at Arkansas, with the Razorbacks coming to Piscataway in 2013. But West Virginia’s immediate departure leaves the Big East with just seven teams — still enough to qualify for an automatic BCS bid — and will force Pernetti to get creative to find a second opponent.
One possibility being considered is for the Knights to play Syracuse twice, with only the first game at Rutgers counting in the conference standings, since the Orange are scheduled to come to Piscataway this year.
Another possibility is fast-tracking a future member or immediately adding a new member — speculation has centered recently on Temple — to take West Virginia’s place for conference scheduling.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/02/west_virginias_departure_from.html

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That would be exciting, where do we sign? Has anyone contacted Marshall yet?

Reaction Score
That would be exciting, where do we sign? Has anyone contacted Marshall yet?

I thought about Marshall. Not a bad program to add. I would like the addition of Temple good for both football and basketball.

Reaction Score
The league wants a championship game which means we need 12 schools. Navy is not coming until 2015, so there does seem to be a need for another school in 2013 and 2014. I would prefer a western school to be added before Temple.

Reaction Score
The league wants a championship game which means we need 12 schools. Navy is not coming until 2015, so there does seem to be a need for another school in 2013 and 2014. I would prefer a western school to be added before Temple.

How exactly do we intend to add a school for two years?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well... hopefully not our problem, but is there anyway that Louisville is going to be in this league at that point?

Reaction Score

Navy and another school would be 13 and 14, or the league might expect more defections. I certainly wasn't implying that we would add a school for just two years but I didn't think that needed to be spelled out for the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I still want East Carolina for an all-sports...is it bad if I want this? :)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have been big on adding Temple throughout the whole conference shakeup. They can certainly compete in football, they bring that "large urban market" that seems to be the new thought process of the New Big East, and their men's hoops are solid too. It's hard for me to believe that they are being held up solely by 'Nova, but I guess so....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I still want East Carolina for an all-sports...is it bad if I want this? :)

I don't think ECU is that bad of an expansion choice. I look at them as a "diamond in the rough" with their great fan following and their geographic location. The only thing is that I can't figure out the quality of that diamond. Couple that with a lack of a big-city market for tv negotiations, and they are always going to be on the outside looking in, I think...

Reaction Score
I have been big on adding Temple throughout the whole conference shakeup. They can certainly compete in football, they bring that "large urban market" that seems to be the new thought process of the New Big East, and their men's hoops are solid too. It's hard for me to believe that they are being held up solely by 'Nova, but I guess so....

Nova certainly doesn't want Temple in the conference, Rutgers and to a certain extent UCONN may also have a football recruiting interest in blocking them.

Reaction Score
Navy and another school would be 13 and 14, or the league might expect more defections. I certainly wasn't implying that we would add a school for just two years but I didn't think that needed to be spelled out for the Boneyard.

i think at this point if you're the Big East you have to assume another defection or two. it's too bad they didn't do that last time we might not be in such a lurch now

Reaction Score
Nova certainly doesn't want Temple in the conference, Rutgers and to a certain extent UCONN may also have a football recruiting interest in blocking them.

at this point Nova is just one of about twenty schools in this conference. i don't think they'll be able to block anything. in reality now that we've beefed up our numbers the football schools outnumber the bball onlies about 12 to 8. i guess one thing we can be happy about is that we haven't added LaSalle and St Bonaventure as bball onlies so right there we've done better than last expansion

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Who cares about Nova, but if Temple is the answer what the heck is the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom