Temple - Post game coverage | The Boneyard

Temple - Post game coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
good. As long as he's alright, I feel good about the bowl game no matter who we're playing.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/p...o-conference-championship-with-win-over-uconn

Kind for ESPN:
>>What the loss means for UConn: After an upset win against Houston, a victory here would’ve been a nice cherry on top of the season for the Huskies. But UConn is still bowl-eligible, and a loss doesn’t hurt it all that much. It won three consecutive games before the loss to Temple, and it’s headed to the postseason. After a 3-5 start, it could’ve been a lot worse.<<

Reaction Score
Temple is an excellent team. Walker as for real as a QB. That D is nasty. I'm scratching my head here at the idea that this was at all surprising. UConn tried to run it at them and they just did not respect UConn enough. They were run blitzing and pass blitzing, betting that longer throws by Boyle would be intercepted anyway, or inaccurate. They were right.

Reaction Score
I'm scratching my head here at the idea that this was at all surprising.
It wasn't, well at least in my mind. Temple is very good and had one bad game against USF and that lack of focus wasn't going to be repeated. Temple had more on the line than we did tonight and even w/ BS 100% it would have been an extreme longshot - moreso than Houston.

Reaction Score

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I sincerely hope Diaco isn't suggesting that if we only executed better, his offensive game plan actually would have given us a chance to win.
He used the E word coming out for second half with TV reporter.

He is becoming more and more like RE - stout D. No O and execution. Excellent!

Reaction Score
"Pitiful" offensive performance dooms UConn (Fuller)
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/11/pitiful-offensive-performance-dooms.html

Longer read in link

>>Diaco, to his credit, was basically asked the same question on three different occasions as some people joined the press conference a little late as I assume they went to Temple's question and answer session first. The first time he was asked about what the Owls' defense did to shut the Huskies down provided the best response.

"Guys in the backfield, pouring through the backfield. We couldn't get plays started, bad reads, poor off-target passing. It was pitiful.

"You prepare hard, everybody worked hard, the players showed up and were ready emotionally and we did a poor job of coaching them."<<

>>"We had two of our best players out, outside of Noel and Arkeel (Newsome), the starting quarterback and not having him and a great, great player in (injured tight end) Tommy Myers, he is a big loss. We needed to use a lot of different things to try to create some production and it didn't work."

Myers suffered a season-ending ankle injury in last week's win over Houston. When he was injured the Huskies used Anderson at fullback as well as running backs Max DeLorenzo and Josh Marriner. There was a new wrinkle when sophomore linebacker Luke Carrezola saw time at fullback and even caught a pass. But for all the wrinkles, it still came down to the fact that Temple dominated the Huskies up front.

"They didn't do anything special other than overpower us," Thomas said. "We need to make sure we are coming if we are fortunate to have a bowl game, make sure we are confident up front and execute the way we should."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom