Temple Over DePaul | The Boneyard

Temple Over DePaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
DePaul at Temple should be an interesting match-up at 9 PM. DePaul should win, but it would be great if Temple could sneak one against a ranked team - they should match up pretty well on their home court.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have it set to tape. Rutgers last OOC game is Temple, so sort of getting a look at them.

Temple is not having a great season, and DePaul is having a good one, so I suspect a DePaul win as well.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Speaking of good games :rolleyes:. Baylor just won by 108 points and I don't think Winthrop scored in the 4th. The Winthrop coach is a nice guy though from what I hear. Temple seems to get better every year under Cardoza. Great work by her and her staff.

Reaction Score
i was checking the score, DePaul scored 1 3-pointer so far while temple had 10! What happened? Depaul is going to drop out of the poll next week?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Depaul is going down, down 14 with under 3 minutes left in the game

Reaction Score
74-60 Temple with a little under 3 left in the 4th. This just hasn't been a great showing from DP this year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Temple with the win! DePaul was ice-cold from three, finishing 3 for 25. Temple was great from the free throw line: 19 of 23.

This was HUGE for Temple in terms of boosting their at-large profile. This was their last chance at a quality nonconference win, after their near-miss several weeks ago against Florida.

As for DePaul, this could hurt their quest to earn a top-4 seed and the right to host. They were already on the "hosting bubble" as it was.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
i was checking the score, DePaul scored 1 3-pointer so far while temple had 10! What happened? Depaul is going to drop out of the poll next week?

Highly unlikely they would drop that far from #17. Temple is a respectable team. Maybe to about #22.

Plebe

Reaction Score
74-60 Temple with a little under 3 left in the 4th. This just hasn't been a great showing from DP this year.

Before this game, DePaul's only losses were to UConn, Notre Dame, and Baylor. I wouldn't say they've had a poor showing this year. The road loss to Temple is disappointing but not embarrassing.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Good game? No. Wild passes, bad shot selection, missed lay-ups, bad shooting. What about it was "good?" OK, it eventually ended. You got me there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Before this game, DePaul's only losses were to UConn, Notre Dame, and Baylor. I wouldn't say they've had a poor showing this year. The road loss to Temple is disappointing but not embarrassing.

But who have they beat besides Syracuse ? They were run out of the gym by UCONN and Baylor.... they shouldnt be ranked at this point.

Reaction Score
I DVR'd it and only watched the first half so far, but it seemed like the game was played in fast forward, Keystone Cops like activity. Nice passing, some really nifty offensive moves. Unfortunately, neither side could make their shots. They would throw it up somewhere in the general vicinity of the hoop. The game was interesting: The good, the bad, the ugly.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the game

Temple was making three's, DePaul wasn't
DePaul got a lot of their first half points from unopposed layups after sharp passes to cutters
That was less available in the 2nd half and their long range game deserted them.

Good coaching by Tanya kept her team together and focused at what they do well.
Another UConn Alum doing great work.

She beat one of the masters with seemingly less talent but more coherent play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was impressed with Temple's toughness and confidence. However, I thought the announcers were saying they were picked Temple to be #2 in the AAC before the season but I do not see why they would have the advantage over USF. Is it because they graduated Courtney Williams? By the way, love her game in the WNBA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
On another note, why did DePaul wait until 3 minutes to go to get into their pressure defense. It affected Temple alot. I thought DePaul is a deep team who should be able to pressure non stop?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It's a good result for the AAC but a bad result (at least temporarily) for UConn's Strength of Schedule, although of course they will play Temple twice in AAC league play.

It's also a cautionary note about living and dying by the 3-point shot, which seems to be Doug Bruno's philosophy with this team (maybe because it is so small). Even though the DePaul team averages (I think) 12 3's per game, they were 3-25 last night, just like UConn was 1-9 against Notre Dame. Fortunately UConn can reliably score points in other ways, despite its size disadvantages against most good teams.

I watched a bit of the game and I thought that DePaul moved the ball well and got good shots in the paint as well as from the 3-point line. They were missing layups copiously along with their 3-point shots. I can't imagine that ever happening to a UConn team.

Reaction Score
They were missing layups copiously along with their 3-point shots. I can't imagine that ever happening to a UConn team.

You don't have to imagine it. It happened once, at least for a half, in a national championship game, to a team with Maya Moore and Tina Charles. Twelve points in the first half! I couldn't believe it. Fortunately, they recovered in the second half, and went on to win.

Reaction Score
Good game? No. Wild passes, bad shot selection, missed lay-ups, bad shooting. What about it was "good?" OK, it eventually ended. You got me there.
I was highly impressed with the first half by Temple and the way they came out of the gate firing on all cylinders---
Another big win for a Uconn Grad!!!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Besides Tonya, Temple has an assistant coach you may have heard of: Willnet Crockett.
I loved Will when she played for UConn. She had games where she played above her height and beyond her talent level. Plus, she would get this look of determination in her eyes and you just knew she was going to deliver ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom