Temple of Doom ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Temple of Doom ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. 10:30 1st half. Starting hole dug to double digits. Seems to be our target hole to start games and/or halves before we kick it into gear.
  2. I'm not sure what exactly he did to piss off Hurley, but this game may have played out a lot differently if CV was in at the start instead of the Myth. Not just his shooting, but at least he makes an attempt at staying in front of his man, and grabs rebounds.
  3. Got it down to 1 on CV's dunk with just under 5 to go in the half before getting sloppy and turning it over 3 times in the final 5 minutes of the half.
  4. Came out better than usual from the halftime break.
  5. First lead on a Polley 3 at 15:28. Only lasted 18 seconds, but at least it broke the ice and built some hope.
  6. Back in the lead a minute later
  7. Up to 5 points on CV's three.
  8. The flagrant on Badams was a killer. Four point turnaround. Lost the lead and put us in the hole.
  9. Despite the fact that Alterique's shot tonight was really off, We lost any chance of coming back when he took that shot to the face and left the game.
  10. Still we battled until just inside the 4 minute mark, when it became a turnover and foul shot fest, and the game just flat out got away from us.
  11. Josh continues to impress me. Couple of his moves tonight were way beyond what he could do a couple months ago.
  12. If we weren't awful from the free throw line, we could have pulled this out. But we are.
  13. We had 71 points, and 39 of them came from two bench players, both of whom were starters not all that long ago.
  14. Not sure what Cobb did to earn 6 minutes. Would be completely absent from the box score if it wasn't for a turnover and a couple fouls.

Reaction Score
How has this team not gotten better at free throws? Aren't free throws about repetition and muscle memory? They left 10 free points on the board. Enough for them to win had they hit 70 percent of the missed shots - which is slightly above their year average. Curious if they actually practice free throws like the basic 'can't leave the gym until everyone hits 10 consecutive free throws' type thing.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
  1. 10:30 1st half. Starting hole dug to double digits. Seems to be our target hole to start games and/or halves before we kick it into gear.
  2. I'm not sure what exactly he did to piss off Hurley, but this game may have played out a lot differently if CV was in at the start instead of the Myth. Not just his shooting, but at least he makes an attempt at staying in front of his man, and grabs rebounds.
  3. Got it down to 1 on CV's dunk with just under 5 to go in the half before getting sloppy and turning it over 3 times in the final 5 minutes of the half.
  4. Came out better than usual from the halftime break.
  5. First lead on a Polley 3 at 15:28. Only lasted 18 seconds, but at least it broke the ice and built some hope.
  6. Back in the lead a minute later
  7. Up to 5 points on CV's three.
  8. The flagrant on Badams was a killer. Four point turnaround. Lost the lead and put us in the hole.
  9. Despite the fact that Alterique's shot tonight was really off, We lost any chance of coming back when he took that shot to the face and left the game.
  10. Still we battled until just inside the 4 minute mark, when it became a turnover and foul shot fest, and the game just flat out got away from us.
  11. Josh continues to impress me. Couple of his moves tonight were way beyond what he could do a couple months ago.
  12. If we weren't awful from the free throw line, we could have pulled this out. But we are.
  13. We had 71 points, and 39 of them came from two bench players, both of whom were starters not all that long ago.
  14. Not sure what Cobb did to earn 6 minutes. Would be completely absent from the box score if it wasn't for a turnover and a couple fouls.
Re: no. 13/14 Polley was only a “bench player” because Cobb started because it was Senior Night

Reaction Score
How has this team not gotten better at free throws? Aren't free throws about repetition and muscle memory? They left 10 free points on the board. Enough for them to win had they hit 70 percent of the missed shots - which is slightly above their year average. Curious if they actually practice free throws like the basic 'can't leave the gym until everyone hits 10 consecutive free throws' type thing.

When 2 of your best 3 free throw shooters are out with injury, your team FT% gets worse. Would be the same story for any other team in the country.

Reaction Score
High school free throw shooting percentage should be part of our criteria when looking at recruits.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
There is something about that Temple of Doom.

Temple has managed to injure our two best players. I also remember Boatright getting a deep thigh bruise against them that took him out of action for a bit.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Re: no. 13/14 Polley was only a “bench player” because Cobb started because it was Senior Night

DUH.
Why did I not realize that? Maybe because I had the sound turned off for most of the game.

Reaction Score
Cobb played 6 minutes because you can't have Carlton out there for all 40 . . .

One could look at not starting CV as a mistake. Or you could assume that the benching has finally lit a fire under his arse so he came out ready to perform.

Pretty likely that we win this game if Gilbert doesn't get his face caved in.

Reaction Score
When 2 of your best 3 free throw shooters are out with injury, your team FT% gets worse. Would be the same story for any other team in the country.
Not totally buying this sure it may drop some but no excuses for the rest of the guys. We know they practice shooting free throws so what gives.

Reaction Score
Not totally buying this sure it may drop some but no excuses for the rest of the guys. We know they practice shooting free throws so what gives.

Some guys are just bad free throw shooters. We know Wilson can't shoot. We know Carlton is inconsistent. The ones that I expect better from are Polley and Vital.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There is something about that Temple of Doom.

Temple has managed to injure our two best players. I also remember Boatright getting a deep thigh bruise against them that took him out of action for a bit.
Also Bazz’s infamous diarrhea game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Some guys are just bad free throw shooters. We know Wilson can't shoot. We know Carlton is inconsistent. The ones that I expect better from are Polley and Vital.
When Josh is on, he's a very good FT shooter. When he's not, he's a 50% guy. Just very weird. If he hits the first one of the game, he's good. If not... bad news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom